“Great location and Perfect owner.”

Casa Rovai Guest House
Ranked #101 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Great location and Perfect owner.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It's a great place to stay in Florence. Location is good to anywhere. Charming guest house. We like the breakfast what they offered. The owner was very, very friendly and helpful. We stayed there for 3 nights. If I will back to Florence, I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I give only 3 stars due to my mixed experience staying here. I found the guest house to be charming, loved the old worldliness of it, the original frescoes, the wooden shutters etc..all the things we love about Italy. Unfortunately, the owners had made a mistake with my booking so after nearly 30 hours of travelling from NZ, i arrived to find they were not expecting me. Each blamed it on another as i had had 2 people answering my emails after the website would not respond to me trying to book directly. However the original person who took my booking actually did send the confirmation email, contrary to what i was told. They did settle me in quickly however, to their credit.but to make matters worseo top they could not accommodate me on the 3rd night of my booking so had to find somewhere else for me, and although they fairly paid the difference in cost, the alternative accommodation at another hotel was less than satisfactory...i went from one of their charming double rooms to an 11sqm single room that smelt of sewage and had an outlook of rubbish bins and a messy back courtyard. I was extremely disappointed and found it a distressing time, alone in a foreign country, with all this confusion.
In regards to Casa Rovai itself, i would recommend it for its lovely rooms, however the breakfast was inconsistent...first day when i was the only booking their was only toast, cornflakes, cheese and pressed meat. The second day with all rooms full and many in for breakfast there was the above, plus fresh fruit, yoghurt, and freshly baked cake. The food was fine just not consistent. The service in the dining room was excellent from Natasha and Klo(?)...making espresso to order and generally being very friendly, and attentive.
I also do not recommend the restaurant Gastone suggested by the owner. I went there, with my son and daughter in law who were in florence just for 2 days...it was very expensive and the food was very average. I regretted taking the owners advice but trusted him that we would have a wonderful experience. We did not. Go to a local pizzeria instead for great ambience and great food!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms would be good assuming they are all as mine. I only briefly saw ine other ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My dad and I stayed there 3 nights and we were very satisfied with our choice. The location is perfect, our room was great and the breakfast was very good. The owner was very friendly and helpful too. I would stay there again if I come back to Florence.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location, well appointed, great value.
Excellent choice in Florence.

Plus:
A perfect location for visitng the "must see" places in Florence.
Fast free internet (free Wi-Fi for your devices, or free PC too .)
Just few steps to local market place Piazza Lorenzo Ghilberti (a little authentic experience!).
Great breakfasts.

Minus:
Nothing.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple.
(Kellemes hely csak ajanlani tudom.)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

An absolutely delightful place to stay, and the perfect setting for the complete Florentine experience! Casa Rovai strikes the perfect balance between a Renaissance palazzo (with its centuries-old frescos) and modern comfort. The staff are incredibly kind and helpful, and make fantastic cake! The owners are the most wonderful family- uncommonly kind and remarkably knowledgeable about their city. You are welcomed to Casa Rovai like an honoured old friend.

Comfortable, cultured, quiet, historical, friendly, .....The only bad part of my trip was leaving!

Room Tip: The 'Putti' room has the most incredible cherub frescos only the ceiling... a lovely vision...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Casa Rovai for a long weekend in January. I was enchanted by the place and the people - all so lovely and welcoming. It has the perfect combination of making you feel at home and able to mingle with other guests and staff while allowing for your privacy as well. All with the bonus of blissful quiet at night, not so easy to find in Italian cities, especially in such a very convenient location! It is a just a short walk to the main centre. The owner, Ana, is utterly charming and delighted to help. Clotilde is very sweet and makes lovely cakes! The 400 year old putti on the ceiling in my room added wonderfully to the ambiance!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
annameo, Owner at Casa Rovai Guest House, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Lisa,
thank you so much for your review!
I hope to meet you again soon in our beautiful city!
Best,
Anna
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had a (4) girls trip to Firenze in February 2014. We stayed at Casa Rovai, and even though we arrived very late at night the staff welcomed us and as we were the only guests, they offered us better rooms than we'd booked. You certainly get what you pay for since the staff is both flexible and provides excellent service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
annameo, Owner at Casa Rovai Guest House, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear York,
thank you so much for your kind word, we do our best to make our guests feel comfortable and we are very happy to know you did appreciate your stay with us!!
Hope to welcome you again in the future :-)
Best,