“Nice location and service”

Borghese Palace Art Hotel
Ranked #122 of 412 Hotels in Florence
“Nice location and service”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Very nice location, good service also as we were able to reduce our booking (from 3 to 2 nights) with no extra charges

Only drawback is the bed mattress we didn't find so comfy.

• Stayed September 2011
robi67, General Manager at Borghese Palace Art Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear Customer,
thank you very much for your review and for your appreciation of our service . The staistaction of our customer is our biggest and unique satisfaction.
Hope to welcome you in the future .
Roberto Boccacelli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our room was large and nicely designed. Bed and pillows could have been more comfortable. Breakfast was good (included) but they always seemed to be out of something and you had to wait for them to restock. Bar was fun (good cocktails) and they gave you a free glass of prosecco upon arrival. The "spa"/gym was disappointed. The steam sauna smelled of mildew, the hot tub was broken, when it rained there was water all over the floor (it's in the basement), it was always hot and muggy in the gym, and they never restocked towels. A fan and a dehumidifier would go along way.

Room Tip: Top floor in the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelASeattle
robi67, General Manager at Borghese Palace Art Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear tripadvisor userr,
thank you very much for your review about your stay . I am very sorry for the concerns about the Spa but I guarantee that we do have a dehumifier working permanently but I agre with you when all the machine are working , and there is a high use from customer the sense of humid is bigger .
We always ask to our precious customer to advice us at least 30 minutes before entering the Spa so we can have time to make a double check and guarantee suitable conditions, not always happens.
The jacuzzi was not broken, but used from more than 2 persons at the time . This floats the
basement floor .
Anyway I guarantee that I will supervise in the next days al the access to prevent any probable inconvenience.
Thank you very much for your attention and support

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The hotel is right located inthe middle of Florence and perfectly suited for all that travel and like to reach the main attractions within a short walking distance. The hotel only has a few rooms, very stylish and the staff is exceptional friendly. Breakfast is typically italian breakfast. The rooms are big enough and have space to store cloths etc. The bathrooms are clean and the showers are great. So the perfect place to stay for those who like a smaller style art hotel. Perfect also during the winter as the Spa area is located downstairs with a lovely setup.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Tripadvisor user,
thank you very much for your concerns about your stay with us .Me and my staff are every day on duty to guarantee a pleasant stay to our precious customers and to read such good comments is our best satisfction.
Hope to welcome you in the future
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Two days in a row I asked for a shoehorn and they did not care at all. Wanted to talk to the manager and yet was not able to speak to him or her. Left a note saying please make sure manager gets back to me also because of couple of other issues and he or she did not even bother to give me a call...breakfast was not that good in my opinion. Btw, they don't have wireless in the rooms. Only nice thing was the car park next to hotel and yes the receptionist girl who recommended a nice restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011
robi67, General Manager at Borghese Palace Art Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear tripadvisor user,
thank you very much for the concerns about your stay with us . Unfortunately we really had no Shoehorn for customers , but now thank to you we do have some for emergency use.
I am always reachable by phone when I am not at Borghese Palace ,and all the reception staff is autorized to contact me any time .
I am very sorry that I could not talk to you and indeed sorry for your impressions but I guarantee that your issues will be highly considerated and will be a big support to improve our standard of quality.
I remain at your disposal for any additional need or request

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The hotel is located in the center so you can walk everything. The room and breakfast are excellent and so was the service of Massimiliano. Even when it was busy he was eager to help you solve a problem, so well done!

Room Tip: Talk to Massimiliano
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Tripadvisor user,
thank you very much for your review , and I am very happy that all my staff , and Massimiliano in particular, was accurate and professional during your stay ! You are always welcome for a second journey to Florence .
Thank you very much for your attention and time

Northwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel is in a great location in Florence, hotel was lovely, though rooms are very small though suppose thats to be expected in a city but they were so small there was no place to store suitcases without them causing difficultly opening the room door! Other then that, rooms were nice and so was bathroom, again very small. Basic breakfast but very nice though breakfast service wasn't that great. Staff on front desk were very good and really friendly. No wireless internet in bedroom only in the hotel lobby. Other then that this is still a really nice hotel and i would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor user,
thank you very much for your attention writing a review about your stay . Regarding the few issues mentioned we are working to get a full covered Hotel WI FI service .
I am very happy that my staff was professional and ensured you a pleasant stay with us .
Thank you very much for your support and attention and hoping to welcome you in the future I send my best regards.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights having high expectations due to the good reviews from tripadvisor.
The room we were given for our stay was run down and dirty. It was a few floors up and the window of the room faced the inside glass elevator shaft which is in the middle of the hotel. There were gauge marks in the walls and the room looked very worn. The first night we stayed here we were woken in the early morning by a loud group of people playing on the foyer piano. The noise echoed up the elevator shaft and went for over an hour after midnight. I rang the desk staff twice to ask them to stop the noise and they did not stop it. I complained the next day only to be told that I was a liar and that if I wanted to complain then to put it in writing to the manager Roberto to ask for a refund. For the rest of our stay we were made to feel very uncomfortable by the staff at the front desk and by the staff member that had been on duty the night of the piano playing. I wrote to the manager and he didn't get back to me until after we had checked out of the hotel. He rang me on my mobile and began to yell at me telling me I was a liar and that the music was stopped straight away...which it wasn't and that apparently i should have enjoyed it because i was staying in an art hotel and the music was art. The music went on for over an hour which isn't fun when you are trying to sleep after midnight so you can be fresh for sightseeing the next day. Roberto then told me to have my travel agent request a refund. I did this when i got home and even though Roberto had sent me an email accepting blame and profusely apologizing for the inconvenience he returned a letter to my travel agent stating that no refund would be given and that we were actually the troublemakers. It was only because our travel agent booked this hotel through a wholesaler that the wholesaler gave us a partial refund for the bad experience. I have never been so insulted and lied to by a manager and their rude staff before and if you want to have a good time in Florence, in a professional and well maintained hotel, then I would definitely not stay in Borghese Palace Art Hotel. We are very easy going and fun young people and it is very hard to annoy or anger us and this hotel certainly did that. What a waste of money on two nights of staying in a such a substandard hotel with a rude unprofessional manager who will say anything to make the hotel look good at your expense.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel or atleast have a room that is not on the elevator shaft and pray you d...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank melbelle-81
robi67, General Manager at Borghese Palace Art Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear Tripadvisor user ,
thank you very much for your concern but I really think that your feedback is mostly an insult to me ,Roberto Boccacelli Manager of Hotel Borghese Palace since 2009 , with no chance of reply!
I regret to inform you that my attitude is completely different from the description you have reported on the review ! I am sorry but I can not know who I am writing to so , please, contact me directly in order to sort all this out in a correct and respectful way !
Awaiting your non direct reply I send all my best regards
For All Tripadvisor reader : I guaratee that all my staff is perfectly trained to deal all requests and complaints, I am always at customer disposal ,pre arrival -during stay and post stay, our satisfaction is your satisfaction !
If we make mistakes we apoligize but we all do our best to ensure a pleasant stay to our customers.

direzione@borghesepalace.it