Our stay here was OK, but not what was expected all said and done.
The hotel website gave us the impression that it would be a boutique 'art' hotel. There were pieces around, but nothing felt 'wow', 'extraordinary' or overly cohesive. The piece over the bed was foam and plaster, not stone which felt more mass produced than anything. The seats in the lobby were plastic, which felt a little off. Art is always in the eye of the beholder though so this is really up to personal taste.
The SPA is a nice touch, with a Steam Room, Sauna and Spa Bath, though make sure to give 2 hours notice that you would like to use it for it to be set up for you.
Our room was large and quiet which was nice. Nice solid brick/stone walls meant that we didn't hear anything whilst in the room, something that can be rare in older hotels with paper-thin walls. The walls had a good share of scuff marks from other travelers and the bathroom had some build up in some of the joints, and a shower door that needed a good shove to close properly. Nothing here was the fault of the cleaners who we pasted many times and who were friendly and always busy - more just an age thing. The amenities are in satchels and not bottles - which I'd never seen before. Room had a big safe and countless TV Channels and 2 free bottles of water (which were most welcome in the heat of summer). Our Aircon was keeping up with 35 degree heat no trouble and there was a lovely view out the window.
The breakfast was lovely, with nice staff (more friendly than one the front desk people - though the other was wonderful and a great help) who greeted us each morning and kept everything clean and tidy. Full marks to them.
Overall we were OK with the stay, If we move expectations to just a hotel for the money, then it meets expectation. However from general reading and the website we had the feeling it was going to be better, so unfortunately in that regard it did not meet expectation. Perhaps this is our own fault setting expectation to high. We wouldn't stay again, but we had no major problems staying there whilst we were there - just a general sense of being underwhelmed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borghese Palace Art Hotel offers a free wellness centre, and uniquely decorated rooms blending antique furniture and modern-style décor. Set in a 15th-century building, it is a 5-minute walk from Florence Cathedral.Rooms are uniquely decorated with original works of contemporary art and include an LCD TV with Sky channels. Wired internet is free in the rooms while Wi-Fi is free in public areas. Breakfast includes fresh fruit and croissants.The wellness centre is set in original 13th-century cellars. Relaxation facilities include jacuzzi, a steam bath,a hot tub and a sauna. A fitness room is also available.Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery are 650 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Borghese Palace Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borghese Palace Art Florence
- Hotel Borghese Palace Art