“Airport hotel close by everything”

Cosmopolitan Concept Hotel
Ranked #115 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“Airport hotel close by everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We overnighted in Florence to catch an early flight & were recommended this hotel by another that was under renovations. Clean, modern & reasonably priced & a great "American" breakfast included. A small lobby bar was inviting. You also realize how close you are to everything Florence has to offer so you need not to spend more money to be central.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked the hotel for the last night of a Tuscany tour due to a) the proximity to the airport and b) the good reviews on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed and cannot see any reasons why somebody should choose it for any duration.

- Bad location. Near airport but you need to take a taxi anyway which are at a fixed rate throughout the city. So there are only disadvantages of being in the undesirable neighborhood near the airport.
- Noisy as it is surrounded by heavily trafficked roads. We supposedly got their best room facing the court, yet this was noisy as well, so loud it could not be eliminated through earplugs.
- Smelly and damp rooms and areas. I could not stand the chemical odeurs and preferred to leave earlier than necessary to get away. Airconditioning turned off in November so did not help. Possible to open window but this was not recommended due to pollution (!).
- No extras like gym or restaurant.
-/+ Nice design but dated with clearly visible tears and damages e.g. black scratches on the wall and sometimes unpractical e.g. no space for coats or even jackets to hang freely.
+ Breakfast was ok for the rating with an acceptable range of products and in case of many of the sweet pastry also delicious.
+ Occassional great service from the few young staff we saw.

Would recommend anyone to choose something else more central.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
West Monroe, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel our last night in Florence to be close to the airport, and it was. The hotel was very modern with large rooms and a wonderful bathroom and shower. It was at least 5 miles from the city, so I don't think I would have wanted to stay here while site seeing, but the facility itself was fine, and some what of a welcome change from the smaller inner city hotels. The cost was also excellent, and the breakfast very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had an early morning flight and booked this hotel for one night. My experience with airport hotels has been mixed so I was expecting a dismal experience.

Instead, we found a sleek modern hotel that was spotlessly clean and had wonderfully comfortable beds. The staff was professional and most helpful. A previous reviewer complained about street noise. It was not an issue in our 4th floor rooms, which overlooked the busy street. We ended up having dinner at Pizza Man, a two minute walk away, but the desk indicated there was also another restaurant close by. Excellent breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: No street noise on 4th floor rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We picked this hotel based on the previous tripadvisor reviews. Unfortunately we came away with mixed feeling. Initially the hotel is approx +30 mins by bus from the station, we thought this would be ok but in hindsight, it definitely handier staying closer to the city for food, seeing attractions and conveniences. The room it self was great with modern design, clean and roomy. It started going down hill from there with the noise of the traffic. The hotel is located off a very busy Main Street and the traffic noise made it very hard to get a good nights rest. This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel but we believed the service was avg. if you wanted something local to eat, not too many great options with the exception of "The Pizza man".... Good food but doesn't compare to what you will find in the city. If you do decide to stay here just be wary the commute can be a pain and depending on where you are positioned in the hotel, this can make you stay pretty bad.

Room Tip: Away from the Main Street view as the window aren't double glazed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Daniel T
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Brand new hotel, located out of the touristic area of Florence, therefore the location is good if you want to be in a quiet area.

The staff is nice and friendly, they have great suggestions for making your trip a better one. They use the parking lot of the business next door, so you need to leave the keys at the reception.

Breakfast is great. WiFi works in the whole hotel. Rooms are simple but with a good design, is a great value for your money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here with some family to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The hotel was a pleasant surprise in its comfort and reasonably chic design. Some reviewers complained about there being a relatively small number of places to eat or other things to do in the area; if you want the city center of Florence this hotel is not for you as the area seemed more residential although still urban. There are a handful of good, and judging from the number of locals popular, restaurants in the area as well as at least one nice Patisserie. I recommend this hotel.

There were two minor issues that could have been better: The internet supports only connecting from one device. I purchased internet access, logged in with and then out from my laptop and logged on from my Kindle, but when was unable to log into the laptop again until the Kindle's connection had timed out. This connection was reasonably fast. When I mentioned this to the main desk they said they couldn't reset it, but they gave me another access code which worked but seemed much slower. When my original connection had timed out and I was again able to log in with it, it was again much faster than the one the main desk had given me. I don't know if this was a coincidence or if there are 2 tiers of service. Anyway - to my surprise when I checked out in the morning the attendant told me my internet would be free, although when I originally signed up it said it would cost 10 Eur. Overall this was a minor issue. The paid internet that I signed up for directly online is fast enough that I could work interactively on a computer back in the US, although the one the main desk gave me was not.

I scheduled a wake-up call that for some reason never came. I think this may have been because my family was staying in 2 rooms and there may have been some mixup as to who wanted a wake-up call at what time. This was a minor issue as I always set a second alarm.

Overall I was happy with this hotel, would recommend it and stay there again. The staff at the main desk were very helpful whenever we asked them for anything, scheduling a taxi pickup for us ahead of time (there is no shuttle to the airport but the taxi ride is short), taking care of my internet problem, arranging for our bags to be taken to our rooms, recommending restaurants nearby and otherwise trying to be genuinely helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family