“The Fab 4 - Fabulous Location, Fabulous View...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Splendido Lungarno

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MikeSeatt...
Seattle, WA
“The Fab 4 - Fabulous Location, Fabulous View, Fabulous Apartment, Fabulous Experience!”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

One of the highlights of our trip to Florence was our stay in this fantastic apartment in Florence. Just off the Ponte alle Grazie, one bridge east of the Ponte Vecchio, right on the banks of the Arno with an outstanding view to the south over the Arno to Piazzale Michelangelo and the enchanting staircase of the Villa Bardini and its gardens, a short walk to the Uffizi - the ideal location! Close to all of the major attractions but, at the same time, a world away. The apartment is the second home of owners who spend most of their time in Rome so the apartment is very well-appointed and well furnished. Every convenience (excellent restaurants, grocery store, taxi, etc.) is within a couple blocks. There is a modern, quiet, excellent air conditioning unit in each bedroom. The apartment is very large and spacious with three bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a small terrace with table and chairs for dining al fresco. Very much a home away from home. No elevator (81 stairs) so you'll get a workout coming and going but it's good for you and you'll forever remember the view! Highly recommended for people with a reasonable degree of fitness - don't forget the 81 steps.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything - the location, the view, the apartment, the price - best place we've ever stayed in Florence and we've been to Florence many times.
Liked least: My wife and adult daughter grumbled a bit about the 81 steps (my wife counted them). I'm 67 and reasonably fit and I had no problem with the stairs. The top floor view was worth the effort.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jan 2018
Apologies for my late answer ! I am glad that your stay was pleasant and comfortable, and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I am always happy if I can share my apartment, where I live when I'm in Florence, with someone who appreciates, like me, its particularity""
CruisinNa...
Hartford
“The apartment met more than our expectations.”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We traveled with our adult children, a party of five. tHe apartment was large enough to give us each our own space. There was nothing we needed that wasn't available. It was within walking distance of all the sights, restaurants, cafes and grocery shops.

The only negative I could mention would be the climb to the fourth floor but the view we had was worth the climb. We would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: After a day of sightseeing it felt like coming home.
Liked least: The climb to the fourth floor
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
18 Jan 2018
Apologise for my late answer!! I am glad that your stay was pleasant and comfortable, and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I am always happy if I can share my apartment, where I live when I'm in Florence, with someone who appreciates, like me, its particularity""
James P
“Perfect Place for Us”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Splendido Lungarno. The apartment was lovely, spacious, and had everything we needed. The view of the River and Florence was outstanding. We enjoyed making breakfast in the well appointed kitchen. The terrace was a great place for happy hour and after dinner drinks. The apartment is very close to the main attractions of Florence and we were able to walk to everything that we wanted to visit. The only negative was the heat and the fact that only the bedrooms were air conditioned. At first we were disappointed, however in the end, it didn't really matter as we had a good breeze and we kept the window/door to the patio open to enjoy the view. We would highly recommend this apartment to anyone traveling to Florence.

Travelling group: Friends
PeggyMLB4...
San Jose, California
“Great location, beautiful views, lots of room!”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We rented this beautiful apartment in Florence for a family vacation with our grown children. There was five of us and the apartment gave all of us plenty to personal space as well as place to be together. The patio was lovely for sipping wine in the afternoon, the kitchen was large and fully equipped for you to create your own Tuscan delights if you so choose. The beds are comfortable. The location is perfect, right on the Arno with beautiful views. The grocery store, wine bar, two great restaurants, and a beer pub are less than a five minute walk away! We walked to all the sights throughout the city. The owners were very responsive in answering our questions before our trip. The manager meet us promptly when we arrived and she even helped us up the stairs with our luggage. The only down side was, the apartment is on the top floor ( which is why it has such a wonderful view) , no lift, and 81 steps to your door. If stairs are not an issue for you this apartment is perfect! I would highly recommend this apartment!!!

14 Oct 2014
Thank you for your appreciation, we are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that our apartment was to your liking! . We hope we can still have our guests in the future. Bettina and Manfredi
Karennewo...
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Loved, Loved Loved!”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This is an amazing apartment and we absolutely loved it! The owner was nice and quite helpful. The young women who let us in were available if we needed anything and very nice also. This apartment really gave us the feel of Florence with the amazing balconies, views and location. The apartment itself is quite beautiful also.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Lacked light bulbs
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Rob C
Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment, great location”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We cannot fault anything about this lovely apartment. The location is ideally situated on the river, within walking distance of the main attractions. We used the outside terrace frequently and it was a lovely sunny spot to read and relax in the middle of the day. Yes the steps are a challenge, but the plus points more than make up for this and the exercise did us no harm. We had to contact Christina a couple of times, once to help us book a taxi as we were struggling, and she could not have been more helpful. Finally I lost my mobile phone and we have just received an email to say they have located it and will post it back. That is much more than I could have hoped for, how good is that, thanks again.

Travelling group: Other
james g
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“When reality is better than pictures!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This apartment is amazing. When we walked in my wife gave me a double high five...which she has NEVER done before. First, the interactions with the owner Manfredi were great. Very accomodating and gracious. This is his family's place when in Florence, and it shows. Family photos add a special touch. The location, as you can see by the photos, is amazing. Opening the door to the view of the River Arnot begins a beautiful stay. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern conveniences. This allowed us to "take-away" our leftovers for lunch the following day. The washer works great and they have multiple drying racks. The blow dryer was a little sketchy, but I left a note and hopefully that is rectified. The three bedrooms are spacious and ALL have air conditioning which was a priority for my booking. REALLY good air conditioning. Around the corner up the alley was a convenience store for everything you'll need. A cafe for morning cappuccino and pastries is right next to the store. You are within walking distance of anything you'd need including major sites and restaurants. A must rent or all...except for when I want to rent again

Liked best: Location and air conditioning - everything
Liked least: 4th floor walk up...but worth it.
Friends getaway
20 Jul 2014
happy that our home was your home and that your stay was enjoyable!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing