“Good location clean”

Relais Piazza Signoria
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location clean”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We moved from my favourite hotel Casa del Garbo across the square to here for our wedding night as all our guests were staying at Casa Del Garbo. Wish we'd stayed. Nice apartment but we were given a shoddy room looking into someone's apartment on the top floor which was very annoying as the lift always took forever. The apartment was very clean and spacious and would be good for a family although the lift only fits about two people. There a littke kitchen, large lounge and bedroom and small bathroom. My memory of this place is unfortunately the greeting we received on our wedding night of blood and broken glass all over the floor of the entrance I'm lucky I didn't get any on my wedding dress. It was cleaned up by the morning though. It was nice but nowhere as good as Casa del Garbo.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

High praise for all aspects, save one, is warranted for this apartment-hotel. The location is ideal: it is at one corner of the Piazza della Signoria with easy access to the most frequented sites in Florence. The apartments are roomy. The small kitchen is helpful for those who enjoy an eat-in breakfast or perhaps a small dinner. The daily room service allows one to return to your room at the end of a long day of touring and enjoy a clean room and clean towels. The daytime managers (available as I recall from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and "on-call" if needed) were exceptionally friendly and remarkably helpful in all aspects needed by a tourist. Now I come to an inexplicable and unwarranted aspect of paying the hotel bill. When my VISA card -- absolutely free of all euro-to-dollar conversion charges on dozens of purchases in Italy -- was used to pay my bill at the end of my stay, the hotel's electronic payment system tacked-on a "fee" of about $100 (about 5%) as it converted the bill from euros to dollars. I did not want that. I wanted to pay in euros so that the VISA card would convert to dollars without a fee. The desk manager explained that he had no control over this: that the bank/electronic service that they use for credit cards does this automatically and that there is no alternative! This is unacceptable. In fact, I was present during some phone calls that the desk manager received from a previous guest (from Australia I believe) who complained of the same thing when they viewed their bill at home. They also believed that they were paying in euros, and that their credit card would do the conversion without fee. Again, as I overheard the conversation, the desk manager stated to that person that the hotel had no control over how their electronic billing service handled the transactions. This practice is patently unfair. The hotel management immediately needs to correct this. I have to say that it put just a bit of a damper on an otherwise exceptional hotel experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are well-insulated, even from the noise of the adjacent Piazza. A small elevator can be u...
Oxford
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and hadn't realized when booking that it was an apartment. Great room, freshly decorated with everything one could need. Fantastic location, convenient to everything. Nicely stocked tea/coffee facilities and snacks. Would commend especially if staying several nights

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anneandtim
bristol
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Situated on the Piazza Signoria these flats have an excellent location. We stayed for 3 nights, the facilities are very good and they seem to have been recently converted. The chairs are white leather and all the furniture etc is smart and very Italian. The bathrooms are excellent and the service very friendly.
We were on the 5th floor, the lift is so minute your shoulders touch the sides if you stand sideways - after one trip I took the stairs!! But what really concerned me were the fire precautions!

Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had wonderful apartment with beds in 2 rooms and 2 updated bathrooms. We arrived to find complimentary coffee, tea, snacks and water (big bottles). There are robes, slippers and L'Occitane products for your convenience. The staff is friendly and helpful. Maid service is available daily. It has great hotel perks within a more residential feeling environment. Loved it!!
The location cannot be beat. You step out the (secured) front door right into one of the best piazza's in town. Dining, gelato and sweets shops, amazing statues and buildings and all the leather goods you could ever want surround you. The train station and tour shuttle pick-up are an easy 10 minute walk. Taxi from the airport cost 20 euro (the only money I spent on transportation). It's all good in this neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TruthBTold00
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Me and my wife, had a simply wonderful staying in Realais Piazza Signoria. Believe, the localization makes the difference. We were in the heart of Firenze, close to every best spots of the town. Our window had one of the most incredible view of my life. And you could ask: is it noise? As a miracle, they have a kind of window which simply block ANY sound from outside. You chose, whether you want to open the window and feel the city or close that in a full silent.
The room was very big, clean and complete, better than the photo.
Fulvio, the responsible of hotel was very, very helpful. They shared us every information we need before, and during our staying. They did a very remarkable thing. In a single night we have a problem with the air conditioned (and issue which could happen in any place). Once I reported the problem in the following morning, Fulvio simply refused to charge one night of staying. I tried not to do this, but he insisted. I use to see several people reporting very important trouble on Trip Advisor, and getting not only an excuse by the Hotel. Fulvio decided, even I was insisting not to do, refund me with one night. That was beyond the expected honesty.
We do recommend this place, and hope back again vary soon.

Room Tip: Room with view. We stayed at 301.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FelipeSnege
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This studio is centrally located in Piazza Segnoria. Very clean and modern room with spacious bathroom, a small kitchenette, fridge and supplies like coffee, crackers, water, juices, moscato. This is not a hotel so, the front desk staff only works from 9 to 6 and of course there is no room service. Breakfast is not included but they recommend where to go. We drove up to the hotel( not an easy task) the hotel suggested a parking close by, the car is then picked up and returned with just a few minutes notice. The charge for parking was 28 E a day.

1 Thank cudafamily