I would rate this hotel a 0, but 1 is the lowest.
Hotel is actually a good location and the positives are the cleaning staff. They did a great job.
Front desk staff are all grumpy and fairly oblivious to the issues.
1) The temperature of the room was well over 80 degrees due to lack of air conditioning.
2) Their breakfast was way too expensive for 10 euro. It was a bunch of packaged products. Your best bet is to leave the hotel for food.
3) Due to lack of air conditioning we had to open the windows. The road noise and bus traffic all night were unbearable.
4) Mainly the staff are generally not friendly.
I would highly recommend other places in Florence.
We were there on a Wednesday and Thursday night and simply asked for the air conditioning to be turned on as the room was very hot. We were able to open the doors but the street traffic was unbearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- the NEW Hotel Annabella is located in via Fiume 5, Florence, at 3rd floor of a magnificent old classic Florentine style building in the historical center, very close to the central train station of Firenze S. Maria Novella (100 mt., only 3 minutes walk) and Mc Donald's store, nearby the Exhibition Center of Fortezza da Basso, the Congress Center and the Business Center. The hotel is very near the wonderful Church of S. Maria Novella, the Medici Chapels and the traditional Market of San Lorenzo, next to the marvellous Church of San Lorenzo. There are also the Supermarket CONAD, a McDonald's store and an excellent Chinese restaurant on the corner at only 50 mt. The hotel has an elevator and all rooms are equipped with private bath, shower, A/C, telephone, and satellite TV. There is also a nice terrace on the roof where guests can sunbathe and enjoy a marvellous view on the city. On demand, it is possible to have rooms with balcony. Information about museum reservations and wine-and-food tours in Florence and in Tuscany countryside. Breakfast is Continental with buffet: prices can range. No night curfew, Internet WIFI connection and fax service in hotel. Before departure, you can leave your baggages in hotel free of charge and for all the time needed. Credit Cards accepted: VISA, MC, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS. There is possibility of pay-parking or garage in the area. Hotel run by a family; they take care of their hotel personally and speak English, Spanish, French. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Annabella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Annabella Hotel Florence