Perhaps our perception was biased because of how much we loved Florence, but we liked this hotel.
To get to the hotel: Get a map in advance (or at the tourist office in fron of the Santa Maria Novella train station) and mark Piazza Aldobrandini, just next to the Museum of the Medici Chapel.
The building is reviewed here: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo_Aldobrandini
1. Always ASK the price before even touching anything, nodding or sitting in a restaurant.
2. Make reservations in advance for places such as the Gallery of the uffici.
3. Omit most museums except for the gallery of the uffici, palazzo vecchio; save your euros/energy for other places like ponte vecchio Il Duomo.
Hotel Aldobrandini provides a good, budget-friendly option to travelers planning a short stay in Florence. It is housed in the third floor of a building in front of piazza aldobrandini, which creates a great atmosphere, it is halfway between the SMN train station and Il Duomo which is very convenient. The place is somewhat old and crowded (our room evidently did not have a bathroom originally and you could notice the very small bathroom had been recently built) Staff are most of the time friendly, but look tired and unwilling to do much. You can get maps and tourist advice at the front desk.
The breakfast is made by the front desk staff and coffee is not that good.
For Florence, price-quality wise, we were satisfied.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Aldobrandini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldobrandini Hotel Florence