“Lovely apartment”

Tornabuoni Suites Collection
Ranked #13 of 311 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The terrace suite was a lovely apartment close to everything in Florence. Great view over the Florence skyline. Small problem getting in with the key but worked it out. Air conditioning worked well as did the other kitchen appliances. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Terrace suite looks like photo on website.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your happy experience and for your constructive thoughts. The lock has been looked at and has now been oiled and works with greater ease.
We are so pleased you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Florence.

There are newer reviews for Tornabuoni Suites Collection

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in this location because it was minutes from all of the important tourist attractions.

Rooms: The rooms are very clean and well kept. We had no issues with the bathrooms, water pressure or air condition, which can be crucial for those travellers not used to the heat. The complimentary water and mini fridge was very appreciated, although a coffee maker would have been nice considering there were teas available but no hot water. The walls were a bit thin and we could hear the noisy family next door.

Location: This location was great because the streets were only one way and there was little to no traffic, thus allowing us a good night's sleep. The only con to this location that we were not made aware of was the construction happening across the street which woke us up at 8am every day.

Parking: The parking cost was in line with other properties in the area but I would recommend that you park outside of the ZTL and have a taxi bring you in. The route that you have to follow can be a bit confusing and the last thing you want is to get a ticket. The cost is the same if not cheaper if you follow this method and park at a city run parking structure.

***One thing you must be aware of is that you need to be able to phone the managers for them to let you in. If you are not travelling with a cell phone you may have to keep this in mind.

All in all I would definetly stay at this property and recommend it to anyone who is struggling with a decision as to where to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dferrari1983
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your constructive thoughts with us. We always wish to be informed immediately when something is missing, such as your kettle appeared to be if you felt there was no hot water. I have now ensured there is no missing kettle in any of the Suites and consequently hot water is easily accessible.
As for coffee, we feel the Italian coffee is so good and reasonable, we do not wish to compete with poor instant coffee, and for this reason we do not have instant coffee in the Suites (unless requested). However in the Suites with kitchens and stoves, we have stove top coffee makers that tend to make better than normal quality coffee.

As or the noisy neighbours, we are sorry for this and generally feel our guests are considerate of each other when in Suite right next door to one another, although most of our Suites have plently of space between them and this is generally not a problem.

You are correct about the parking, it is expensive and difficult to drive in the centre, so I too agree and advise if you can park outside the city centre and take a taxis in you will find it easier.

As for contacting us, please note I always attempt to contact you (when I have your email address) prior to arrival to find out your time and means of transportation, and should at any stage during your stay you need anything and do not wish to use your phone, I would encourage you to email me, as I am always readily available to assist in your needs.

We note all your comments and thank you for them, as we constantly strive to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back when next in Florence.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Two sets of adults and a baby stayed in what was essentially 1 bedroom apartment here with one couple staying in the lounge. It was a bit of a squeeze but OK for the 3 night we were there. The accommodation is well locat and easy walk of most of the sights. It has plenty of cafes and trattorias to choose from on it's doorstep and has good common areas. The accommodation itself is clean and tidy and has everything you would need for a short break. The bathroom is nice but the shower was little more than a dribble - which meant that it was nearly not worth bothering. The person who greeted us was friendly and very helpful. She was able to book restaurants, recommend the best place to go, print off tickets and actually was a highlight of the accommodation. Other than this it is just a fairly standard residence, nothing truely amazing, but good enough to stay in comfortably.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

We are pleased that your overall experience of staying in our Residence-hotel in the heart of Florence, was enjoyable.
Our Suites vary in size and ideally are generally suited for 2, or a family of 4, with 2 children. We have the fortune of being able to host more in the larger Suites, but we are unfortunately not always informed as to how many guests will be in a group, to be able to reposition them in a larger Suite if necessary. Some Suites have kitchens, and terraces, others do not, and so we very much encourage our guests to read the description on our website, to get a better idea of what the Suite of choice consists of.

However, I thank you for letting us know that the shower head needs to be descaled, or replaced, this will be looked at and addressed immediately. And I also thank you for your appreciation of our personal service, as it is of our utmost important to provide care and attention to all our travellers needs.

We wish you a pleasant onward journey and should you return we would be happy to welcome you back in a superior Suite.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

13th July, 2012 - My daughter and I have just come home after staying at this hotel for four nights. Our room whch was on the first floor was very big with plenty of cupboard space. It was very clean with a really nice bathroom. We had our breakfast every morning on the pretty rooftop terrace overlooking the lovely views of florence. The attractions were all close by so we managed to walk everywhere. We loved the Boboli Gardens which were on the other side of the Ponte Vecchio Bridge. Some of the small clothes shops had some really pretty unusual clothes. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards and best wishes

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We enjoyed our 6 night stay at the Tornabuoni Suite. It is great for those that are independent and want to have the feel of having their own urban apartment. Perfect location (like staying in your own palazzo!), clean, nice size bathroom, refrigerator & microwave. We encountered a heat wave and our rooms were very cool with ample air conditioning. The room was cleaned every day and staff was available for information.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your happy experience with us. It is our joy to create enjoyable memories for all our guests and so we are thrilled to learn you had a good stay.
We wish you a safe and happy onward journey and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We thought we were booking 4 star accomodation unfortunately the Tornabuoni Suite we stayed in was on the far side of the river and nothing like the pictures of the suites in the town. We feel misled since the pictures sold this accomodation to us and our suite was definitely not 4 star. The address we were given was the business address and we found ourselves standing outside a place where there was no-one in so a very stressful start to our holiday, which only got worse once we actually entered our Tornabuoni Suite. So I would say make absolutely sure of the address of where you are staying, so you dont end up like ourselves in accomodation that in our opinion was poor. There was no way you could have self catered, we had two rings, a fridge and a sink. Only one armchair and two kitchen chairs that creaked so much when you sat on them that you were afraid they would break. At least it was clean and that's the only good thing I can say about it. Perhaps they should put pictures on the site of the accomodation on the far side of the River since if we had seen a picture of where we stayed we would not have booked. We did our booking through a travel agent and they too thought we would be staying in the wonderful accomodation pictures on this site since that is what they showed us when we booked.

Room Tip: The only tip I would say is make sure the address on your accomodation voucher etc is not Tornabuoni...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

We are terribly sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Suite choice.
Our agents are informed as to where our Suites are and we are sorry they did not communicate this more clearly. We received your booking through them and as far as we were aware your request was for our Suite on Via De' Bardi, not Via Tornabuoni.
Your Suite was in a period property and although it has the facilities as stated on the site, it is not as modern as our Via Tornabuoni Suites, and hence the price is representative of this. I thank you however for drawing my attention to the need for an updated photo of the Suite, as it is the only Suite that was not be recently photographed and updated on the site.
Nevertheless we are sorry that we were fully booked for your long stay and unable to move or upgrade you. We will of course notify our agents to be clearer in stating where Suites are located, because on our website it is very clear for those who pay attention.
We hope if you return we might have the opportunity to upgrade you a superior Suite on Via Tornabuoni in attempt to compensate your disappointment.

Regards and best wishes

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We spent 5 nights in the Belvedere Suite at Tornabuoni Suites this month and have to say that the view was simply out of this world.
The suite is a good size, the maid service was thorough in cleaning and the bed was very comfortable - but there was a lack of attention to detail that caused disappointment.
There was a small bar fridge plus a kettle and a coffee maker which plugged into a small power board. There was not the microwave or cooktop or kitchen sink in the room, which we expected in a suite. Despite being there for 5 nights, there was no drinking water supplied (which would have been most welcome) and the tea and coffee supplies were not replenished at all during our stay, which meant we had to buy teabags, coffee and sugar.
The same occurred with the bathroom supplies - these were not replaced at all during our 5 night stay.
There are 2 separate airconditioners in this suite, but neither of them were blowing out cool air, just recirculating the room air which made our nights extraordinarily uncomfortable as the suite became very hot and stuffy. We resorted to opening the windows, despite the warnings about the mosquitos - which then entered in large numbers. I telephoned the management first thing Friday morning re the air-cons, but nothing was done about them while we were there, nor were we notified that nothing would be done - I had to follow them up myself to find out why we were still slowly cooking.
And to the group who rented the suite next door to ours on our last night - I have nothing but contempt for you. These people arrived home at 2.00 am with a large group of friends and proceeded to party very, very loudly for the rest of the night. With no-one on the premises, we had no-one to complain to; not a problem I would have foreseen, but a big one for us at the time.
So - as I said, breathtaking views, but I won't be going back until I'm assured that more attention has been paid to the details.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

As the manager of Tornabuoni Suites, I thank you for your constructive criticism and I am sorry that I was not working for the days of your stay to address your issues in person. I shall update you now on what I have been able to do.
Firstly I am sorry that the air conditioners were not working, I have had the engineers come this morning for them and they will be repaired shortly.
I had spoken firmly with my staff to ensure that the coffee-tea supply will as usual, be replished every day even whilst I am away.
I have contacted the guests next door to yours, and they apologise refusely for their insensitivity, and nevertheless I would have encouraged you to call the number of my superior (in your suite folder) irrespective of the time, because although we may not be in the building, we provide service through out the night if necessary.
As for the Belevedere not having a kitchen, we have noted this on the website, because one Belvedere has a kitchen and the other the amazing views. You got the Belvedere with the amazing views, I am sorry there was not a kitchen, but I hope you found the mini stove, kettle and fridge adequate, and as for the assence of a sink, you need never do your dishes as our maids are happy to do them for you.
I again apologise for any discomfort you experienced, and I hope that should we ever have the pleasure of your stay again, I will be at hand to ensure your well being and irrespectively all will be beyond your expectations of comfort.

Warm regards