“Majestic Florentine Suite in the trendy Tornabuoni, near Il Duomo”

Tornabuoni Suites Collection
Ranked #11 of 300 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Northern California
“Majestic Florentine Suite in the trendy Tornabuoni, near Il Duomo”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Imagine cobblestone streets where horse drawn carriages parade in front of beautiful historic churches and top fashion design showrooms (Prada, Gucci, Tiffany, Burberry and many more), you’re nestled in a grand Florentine building at the Tornabuoni apartments.

Our family of four (two teenagers) was welcomed to Florence in a beautiful fifth floor, one bedroom apartment with views of the city and Tuscany hills. The quiet building, away from the busy tourist areas, provided a restful and comfortable accommodation. Our Belevedere Suite with a small kitchen, living room and bedroom was quite spacious, air conditioned (hot Summer days) and very close, walking distance, to all of Florence’s landmarks, museums and transportation.

Ziva, the property representative, welcomed us, explained the apartment’s features and answered many of our questions. Their office was nearby if we needed anything. The secure building hosts retail stores and offices in the lower floors with security personnel in the lobby. Overall, the apartment was perfect for our family and competitively/attractively priced.

We were in awe of Florence, it’s beautiful city, the Arno river and art/architecture masterpieces. I would highly recommend walking across the Arno to dine in many of the local restaurants in the Oltrarno area, near Piazza Santo Spirito for fabulous meals and friendly locals.

We highly recommend Tornabuoni Suites to fully experience the captivating Florence and can’t wait till our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sanseimom
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to have the opportunity again one day.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel is just fantastic! During my trip to Italy, I stayed here twice, to start and end my trip. The first night was just great - very comfortable and beautiful room, wonderful location, and then my last two nights were EVEN BETTER! We got a rooftop suite, which was simply amazing. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

The staff at the hotel is very accommodating and attentive and kind. The price is excellent. I truly can't say anything bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooftop suite!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NARoberts
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Mr Roberts

It was our pleasure to welcome you back and we are thrilled that you had such a lovely stay in our apartment-hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back one day.

Camilla
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here last week and the experience was terrific. We were greeted by Camilla who was so welcoming and helpful with mapping out points of interest for us. She also suggested a great spot for dinner our first evening and even made the reservations...one of our best meals in Florence. The street is absolutely gorgeous. At night Tornabuoni is flooded with lights and you feel very safe walking to and from the hotel. We walked everywhere and only needed a cab when leaving for the train station. Keep in mind there is no front desk , instead imagine this as your very own lovely Florentine apartment with a doorman downstairs. Our room was the terrace balcony suite. A very large space with a separate kitchen , living room with pull out bed , hallway with extra large closet storage space and full length mirror, nice sized bathroom with a great window that allows you to enjoy the wonderful terra cotta rooftops of Florence, a master bedroom with king bed and a large balcony. There are two new flat screen tvs. The beds were very comfortable and everything was so clean. We really loved this hotel and hope to come back again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
What a heart warming review thank you very much. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience with us. We are based in a very special and beautiful area and I am so pleased you enjoyed and appreciated all the luxuries of being on our exclusive street in Florence.
We would be thrilled to welcome you back and add to your positive living and eating experiences, by which time I look forward to sharing my other special finds with you.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tornabuoni last week and had a wonderful stay. The hotel is centrally located--within walking distance of all major Florence attractions. We were upgraded to a suite and the view was fabulous. The room was large and very nice. This isn't a full service hotel, but for those looking for a great room in a nice location for a very reasonable price, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, I am so pleased you had a pleasant stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Florence one day.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I booked this so-called " Suite Hotel" on Expedia for our trip in May 2012. Expedia, lists the following amenities: Lift, health club and a spa tub, fitness facility, a rooftop terrace and complimentary wireless Internet access. IT HAS NONE of these amenities! The lift only goes partially up to the units, so you still have to climb 2 floors of stairs with your luggage. Hallways are dimly lit. There is no concierge. Internet did not work, and the Air Conditioning did NOT WORK either. The women said someone would come to fix it the next day and acted like she was surprised it didn't work. We didn't believe for a chance someone was going to fix it at all during our stay so we checked out and found another hotel at the last minute. What a hassle. This is actually an apartment for rent, not a hotel suite. It is marketed incorrectly. Also, there is no kitchen, so stove or fridge. Not even a bottle of water to be found. Closet is super tiny, and the bed is hard. I would not recommend this place. The only thing it has going for it, is a central location, but that is it. I have a feeling all the apartments are different, so it's a real crap-shoot on what you will actually get to stay in.

Room Tip: Don't bother, stay somewhere else is you want a hotel atmosphere, working AC, and internet
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MValetta
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I am sorry to learn of your experience with us not being positive.
We have had numerous issues communicating and getting through to Expedia to alter our website. It of course should NOT say we have spa facilities and a health club, because we no longer have them in our main building.
We are an apartment/hotel, and we provide our guests with the comforts of a hotel (with daily maid service, and on hand in person service whenever needed) and the independance of an apartment in that we do not have a common open reception and restaurant.
All of our Suites vary in size, and on our website (and hopefully soon on Expedia's site too) it is clearly stated that we have 2 BELVEDERE's one with a kitchen and ability to sleep 4, and the other suited for 2 without a kicthen and with beautiful views overlooking Florence roof tops. This is the Suite you got.
I will ensure all guests in future are made aware that there are stairs to climb and they are independant, because I too would be disappointed to feel misled.

However, I am very surprised the AC did not work and the internet appeared not to, and I apologise if it did not work during your night stay. BOTH have worked all summer and we had no other complaints, nevertheless we are having new a/c-heaters put in today, and of course the INTERNET does work perfectly now.
We have since your stay ensured all Suites have complimentary water in the fridge for our guest's arrival.

Therefore I can only extend my apologises for your experience and hope that should you ever be back in Florence you will come to personally meet with me and we will look at a way of compensating you for your experience.

All the best

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Giving other people the comment about the very good performance and hospitality of this apartment hotel, I write a miracle story I experienced on my journey, with the staff of this apartment hotel.

Acutually, I lost my watch, which is valuable and memory for my life, at the Florence airport. From the experience of the journey around Italy, I almost resigned myself to it as my lot.

However, the client manager Camilla Jackson got through the airport and retrieved it immediately!

The story doesn't yet end. For some reasons, I couldn't send the watch directly to my home, Japan. I asked her to deliver it to Rome where a friend of mine lives.
She accepted it and had her assistant deliver my watch immediately.
She also filled a role of courier service like DHL berween Florence and Rome.

I've never experienced such a kind service in my country. I was very impressed and much appreciated with the kindness and help by the marvelous staff of this apartment hotel, and believe there is a god in Italy!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FirenzeIchiban
I am so pleased we could retrieve your watch and manage to return it to you in the end. We strive to care for all of our guests during their stay and after their departure if needed. We are thrilled to have been able to help you, and that your overall experience with us was positive.
We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you again one day.

Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Our experience at Tornabuoni suites was absolutely wonderful! When we arrived, we were upgraded to a beautiful terrace suite for our honeymoon. Camilla, who greeted us upon arrival was so friendly, gave us great recommendations and washable to make us reservations at some of the museums we wanted to visit. The room was nothing short of clean and luxurious. The location was just perfect within a 5 to 10 minute walk to everywhere you would want to go. The Roberto Cavalli Cafe, a block from the hotel was the best breakfast we had in Italy. If we ever get the opportunity to return to Florence, we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
tornabuonisuites, Manager at Tornabuoni Suites Collection, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
One's honeymoon is a very special time and we are so pleased you had a wonderful stay with positive beautiful memories.
I hope the rest of your travels went as well and we look forward to having the opportunity in hosting you again one day.

All the best