“The Buttflies - an oasis of peace and tranquility...”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom with kingsize bed
kitchen table and living area with sofa/single bed living area with sofa/single bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bedroom with kingsize bed
kitchen table and living area with sofa/single bed
living area with sofa/single bed
kitchen
hallway leading from kitchen to bathrooms and bedroom
bedroom
bedroom - decorated ceiling
bathroom with toilet, sink and bidet
bathroom with sink and shower
stairs leading up to the apartment
hallway
Bedroom
decorated ceiling
butterfly detail
hallway
bathroom w/shower
bathroom w/toilet
living room and dining area
kitchen and living room area
kitchen and dining area
stairs leading up to the apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Annabelle...
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“The Buttflies - an oasis of peace and tranquility in the heart of Florence”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

A colleague stayed here last May and was so complimentary about the apartment that I decided to stay here when I came to Florence.

I'm pleased to say the apartment lived up to my expectations in every way.

We were a little early for check-in so we stopped for a drink at Bar Nabucco which is literally a hundred metres away from the apartment. We found The Butterflies reasonably easily although we were initially slightly confounded by the strange numbering of houses in Florence. Basically the original property has a blue coloured number and additional properties like annexes have a red number. It's a bit like 1a and 1b. Look out for a locked dark metal gate on the right with a buzzer labelled S.E.M. and you're there.

You go along a narrow little alley, turn right to another locked door and up some stone steps to another door which will get you into the apartment. There were a lot of locks but I definitely felt secure and safe in the apartment - not that I ever felt unsafe at any point during my entire week-long stay in Florence! That said, having your own private entrance is a real plus if you value your privacy.

The apartment is delightful and has every convenience you could possibly need during your stay. I have to say Cristina has thought of everything and was very responsive when we emailed her for a couple of things. I guess it might have been nice to have a dishwasher but it was very easy to wash up our crockery etc. and I was very pleased that there was a double sink in the kitchen.

The living area is large and well-furnished with a large settee and a table with four chairs as well as the usual kitchen equipment but no microwave. Watch out for the kitchen mosquito blind if you're a mozzie-magnet like me. It doesn't quite catch so I recommend you don't leave the kitchen window open. Once I realised this (the hard way, alas - I had a bite on my neck!), I had no further trouble.

The bathrooms are brilliant - it was great to have them split, one with loo, bidet and basin and the other, right next to the bedroom, with a shower and basin. The shower is excellent with plenty of hot water (there's a combi-boiler) and it's reasonably powerful. Don't flush the loo before you shower as it takes a bit of time to fill up and affects the water temperature a bit - not a major problem and I never got scalded or frozen when using the shower. There are plenty of hooks for towels and loads of shelves - I'm struggling to find any negatives, to be honest. In contrast with a lot of places I've stayed in, there was zero leaking from the shower, so no wet floor in the bathroom - excellent!

The bedroom is lovely and the butterfly mural on the ceiling is delightful. We spent more time in here relaxing on the bed than in the living room because it's such a pretty room. The bed is massive and comfortable if a bit squeaky but not enough to keep you awake at night unless you're a very light sleeper.

There was no noise at all on the weekend and, because we were tucked away in the middle of the building, we were completely insulated from road noise and pedestrians. It certainly wasn't completely silent outside but we weren't disturbed at all.

There's no air-con but plenty of fans if you get a bit hot. There's also heating but we didn't need to use this during our stay.

The only downside for me was the lack of direct sunlight through the windows. I like a lot of light and the apartment looks out onto an alley that's less than 1.5 metres wide and is the first floor in a five storey building. HOWEVER, this meant we were cool and could really relax so it doesn't detract from the overall experience of the place. Also, I can imagine in summer you would get really hot outside so it would be nice to get away from the sun. I think the lack of bright sunny windows is definitely an Italian thing because I noticed heavy shutters on many of the houses that did have a street view. Therefore I think most apartments and houses in Florence are dark by British standards.

In summary, like my colleague, I cannot recommend this apartment highly enough. If I returned to Florence, I would definitely stay here.

Liked best: Bathroom layout
Liked least: Mattress was a bit squeaky
Friends getaway Older travelers
Management Response
26 Oct 2016
Thank you for the great in depth review! I hope to have you stay with us again some time soon! Cristina
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

dpogacean
Toronto, Canada
“Great location!”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This is a lovely place in the heart of Florence, close to everything. We didn't have to take any bus or cab during our stay. Cristina was a great host and she was always available to answer any questions we had. The place is very well organized with lots of information about the apartment and about Florence. We loved our stay and we would go back in a heart beat :) .
Thank you Cristina for your hospitality!
Daniela and Marius

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved the location of this place, we walked to all major touristic attractions
Liked least: There is no view, the windows of the apartment are facing a big wall, however this was not an issue for us
Friends getaway Older travelers
Reviewed 9 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Jon S
“Perfect location in Florence”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I have just returned from a 4 night stay in this lovely apartment. 'The Butterflies' is ideally located for sightseeing in Florence situated in a quiet location yet not far from the key historic sights and restaurants. Cristina met us on arrival and was very welcoming providing a comprehensive written guide as well as her personal hints and tips to ensure we got the most out of our visit.
The apartment itself is very well appointed and contained everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and relaxed. We would not hesitate to recommend this apartment to anyone visiting Florence.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The cleanliness, had everything we needed and was close to all amenities.
Liked least: Nothing!
Your age range 50-64
2014meg
Sydney, Australia
“Be a Florentine”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This apartment is well located in the historic section of the city. It is secure, comfortable, well appointed and perfect for two travellers. We liked the way the apartment was tucked away inside the city, but the steps would make the apartment inaccessible to travellers who like lifts to move their bags. The owner is well organised and answers requests quickly. The nearby markets make it easy to buy food to prepare and there are plenty of great places to go and eat at. We could happily use this rental again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the apartment's spaciousness
Liked least: The towels need to be changed at least every two days - we stayed 4 nights during which the towels were not replaced
Older travelers
ljwils0n
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great location, Big space”
Reviewed 25 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Great place to stay! Easy to get in touch with Cristina and she let us right into the place. Very private and quiet area. Huge bedroom, bathroom and kitchen area. Great location - could walk to all of the major sites, also close to the train station and bus stops if needed.

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing