“Worst Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At”
Review of Patrizia Hotel

Patrizia Hotel
Ranked #386 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Boston
“Worst Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At”
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Oh my goodness. I can confidently say after staying here that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I went here with my friends as part of a group tour, and luckily the tour said they will never book that hotel again. From the outside it doesn't look too bad, but after walking up the four flights of stone stairs to get to the actual hotel (it's on the third [fourth to Americans] floor of some random building) it got worse. I was also on the second level of the hotel, which the elevator doesn't go to, so I had to haul my luggage up a teeny spiral staircase. The elevator also only fit two people, and despite the fact that I can read, the staff yelled that at us every time we stepped outside the door, as if we were going to try to squeeze five people into that death trap of an elevator. Any noise we made in the hotel we were yelled at for, and I guess that one time one of the staff started swearing in Italian at our group, so our tour guide had to have a word with him. Other than the staff being incredibly rude, the place was just dirty. Our towels never got changed and the floor was gross. It wasn't very safe either, as we had to turn the keys in when we were leaving, yet the front desk that they were kept behind was rarely occupied. Granted, no one would ever come to that place to find riches, but oh well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BCgirl09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2008

I went on a tour with efcollegebreak and they booked us here. The location is hard to find but the location as opposed to attractions is good, you can walk to every thing. The hotel has a lift so only one person and luggage can go in but I would not even reccomend that. I would say put your luggage in it and go up the stairs because I got stuck in it and the man yelled at me for it. They were really rude most of the time. They would make reservations at restaraunts for you which was nice but they were still rude. The actual room was awful. I was sharing it with 2 other people and it was super small. It had no a/c and the window was facing all of the other rooms so there was no extra air flow. We asked for a fan 3 times and they told us they would bring one and never did. The bathrooms were small too but atleast they had a shower curtain. The elevator broke altogether on the last day there so we all had to carry our luggage down 4 flights of stairs which was a little annoying. There are a lot of restaraunts around and there was a place not too far away to do laundry. Feel free to message me.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

england
Reviewed 20 February 2008

The hotel is fairly hard to find, it is located on the fourth floor of a building, at first glance you wouldnt expect it to be a hotel at all. a lift is provided, however, it fits only two people and seemed a little too risky to use! after checking into the hotel, we entered our room, to which four of us were sharing. there were four beds jammed into the room where it was possible for them to fit, providing us with little room to move around. the overall cleaniness of the room was good. when leaving the hotel you have to hang your key at reception, which never really had a receptionist so anyone could access your key. for breakfast you are given set times due to the size of the dining room, ours were the ones left which were 7 in the morning, the one morning we did decide to eat breakfast it was a dissappointment, with offering of tea, orange juice, cornflakes and a bread roll, not worth getting up for! the major grievance of the holiday was our check out day, we had to be out of the rooms by half past 8 in the morning! we were woken at 7 to banging on our door and shouting that we had to be in the dining room for breakfast, which we were not intending to go to in the first place! we then received a further banging on the door at half past 7. overall this hotel was unprofessional and not worth the money! it seemed to be more like a hostel, although clean i wouldnt suggest staying here if you are after a safe, pleasant stay.

• Liked — it was quiet
  • Disliked — the overall experience of staying at the hotel
  • Stayed January 2008