“Simple but exactly what we paid for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patrizia Hotel

Patrizia Hotel
Ranked #396 of 421 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Simple but exactly what we paid for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

This place is not going to win awards for a grand stay - it is very simple and the rooms are minimal. However for our stay it was perfect - Benedict working behind reception made our visit to Florence memorable with the best (and affordable) recommendations of what to see/do and where to eat. One restaurant was easily the best food i had the whole time i was in Italy. When we left he even came for coffee with us!

I haven't left a review before in my life but felt i had to because the staff were so great to us.

Long and short is if you're looking to be pampered then stay elsewhere but if you're looking for an affordable base to lie your head in Florence and get great recommendations / a clean large room / brilliant location (easily found next to the river) hot shower and friendly staff stay here. Myself I am of the persuasion that why spend all the money on a hotel when you'll be spending most your time exploring the city. This place was great

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank lngboarder887

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ferrara, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

I'm Italian and I'm in Florence every week, so I guess I know what I can expect. This has been an emergency solution and it proved a really poor one.
Easy to find (don't know how you can miss it) and people are actually nice, but the room was not was I expected by pictures and, more important, it was dirty and with stained sheets. Definitely not where I want to stay.
And all of that for the price of a nice room in many other places, I would say. This week there is some event filling hotels, so I had very little choice.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MicheleB71

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

Of course this hotel isn't a four stars palace. But it's just so far from the previous description.
According to our dear WASP tourists, the location is hard to fine. With or even without a map and half a brain, l think you can reach it very easily. And the location is really good next to restaurants and historical centre of Florence.
Some of them "wouldn't expect it to be a hotel". Indeed! lt's an old florentian building! A the hotel is installed in an former privat flat. What do they expect? A red carpet and an liftman? The elevator is small, but we can't dicently expect a bigger one in such a place. So you have to reach the third floor on foot with your luggages. What a big deal! (The staircase is far from being "teeny").
The landlord and the landlady are really nice. And they do all their best to you. You have a great liberty to go and go back when ever you want. The receptionist or the nightkeeper are often not very far and really nice and helpfull.
The breakfast is really good with plenty of choise. And plenty of time (of course we were there during the low season).
The check out day, we were allowed to let our luggages in a room till the evening. It was really convenient for us.

We have a great time in the hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank gohatto
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

Oh my goodness. I can confidently say after staying here that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I went here with my friends as part of a group tour, and luckily the tour said they will never book that hotel again. From the outside it doesn't look too bad, but after walking up the four flights of stone stairs to get to the actual hotel (it's on the third [fourth to Americans] floor of some random building) it got worse. I was also on the second level of the hotel, which the elevator doesn't go to, so I had to haul my luggage up a teeny spiral staircase. The elevator also only fit two people, and despite the fact that I can read, the staff yelled that at us every time we stepped outside the door, as if we were going to try to squeeze five people into that death trap of an elevator. Any noise we made in the hotel we were yelled at for, and I guess that one time one of the staff started swearing in Italian at our group, so our tour guide had to have a word with him. Other than the staff being incredibly rude, the place was just dirty. Our towels never got changed and the floor was gross. It wasn't very safe either, as we had to turn the keys in when we were leaving, yet the front desk that they were kept behind was rarely occupied. Granted, no one would ever come to that place to find riches, but oh well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BCgirl09
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2008

I went on a tour with efcollegebreak and they booked us here. The location is hard to find but the location as opposed to attractions is good, you can walk to every thing. The hotel has a lift so only one person and luggage can go in but I would not even reccomend that. I would say put your luggage in it and go up the stairs because I got stuck in it and the man yelled at me for it. They were really rude most of the time. They would make reservations at restaraunts for you which was nice but they were still rude. The actual room was awful. I was sharing it with 2 other people and it was super small. It had no a/c and the window was facing all of the other rooms so there was no extra air flow. We asked for a fan 3 times and they told us they would bring one and never did. The bathrooms were small too but atleast they had a shower curtain. The elevator broke altogether on the last day there so we all had to carry our luggage down 4 flights of stairs which was a little annoying. There are a lot of restaraunts around and there was a place not too far away to do laundry. Feel free to message me.

• Stayed July 2008
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2008

The hotel is fairly hard to find, it is located on the fourth floor of a building, at first glance you wouldnt expect it to be a hotel at all. a lift is provided, however, it fits only two people and seemed a little too risky to use! after checking into the hotel, we entered our room, to which four of us were sharing. there were four beds jammed into the room where it was possible for them to fit, providing us with little room to move around. the overall cleaniness of the room was good. when leaving the hotel you have to hang your key at reception, which never really had a receptionist so anyone could access your key. for breakfast you are given set times due to the size of the dining room, ours were the ones left which were 7 in the morning, the one morning we did decide to eat breakfast it was a dissappointment, with offering of tea, orange juice, cornflakes and a bread roll, not worth getting up for! the major grievance of the holiday was our check out day, we had to be out of the rooms by half past 8 in the morning! we were woken at 7 to banging on our door and shouting that we had to be in the dining room for breakfast, which we were not intending to go to in the first place! we then received a further banging on the door at half past 7. overall this hotel was unprofessional and not worth the money! it seemed to be more like a hostel, although clean i wouldnt suggest staying here if you are after a safe, pleasant stay.

• Liked — it was quiet
  • Disliked — the overall experience of staying at the hotel
  • Stayed January 2008