“Horrible! ”

Ranked #164 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Mumbai,India
“Horrible! ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Not what I was expecting from a Marriott hotel. My husband is a platinum member so we have stayed at marriott properties all over the world and this one is subpar. The location is not great, the room smelt, and it was hot inside. I was disappointed with this peppery.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank shwetzana
acfirenze, General Manager at AC Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Sirs,
we are very sorry to hear that your stay at our property was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We thank you for taking your time for a feedback about our property and we remain at your disposal for any further information you may require.
Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coralville, Iowa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

While this hotel is a little out of the way, it was worth it to have air conditioning in 94 degree Florence. We stayed here on Marriott points and the hotel was new, clean and the rooms were large by European standards.

There is nothing romantic about this hotel and the staff are just okay. Don't expect any special treatment even if you are Platinum Premier with Marriott. It was the only hotel during our entire Italy trip that did not include breakfast. My husband asked twice to have the manager of the hotel contact him, but he never responded.I would stay here again but only if I were staying free on Marriott points otherwise I would find somewhere with breakfast that is closer to the heart of Florence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iowabeachmom
Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here on business for two weeks. Very clean and well maintained hotel. The breakfast buffer is good, but after a while of the same foods it can get boring. But if you're in Italy you probably won't be aging breakfast at the hotel like I was.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank diaz530
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff provided excellent service. We were traveling a with 3rd person and they had the room ready with the trundle bed in the room. The room was on the smaller side, but was comfortable for the three of us. We had breakfast the two mornings we were there is was good. They offered a good variety to choose from and everything tasted good. The hotel was a short walk (2 minutes) from a tram station and about a ten minute walk to the heart of Florence. Overall we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jfattori
Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First, let me try to put my review in context (by comparing to other similar-level hotels) -
I am a frequent traveler and Platinum member with Marriott, so I have stayed at many hotels around the world, although I have only written about a dozen of reviews - obviously, I only got the strong motivation to write a review when the experience is VERY good or REALLY bad.

Overall, I think this hotel is well BELOW the Marriott standard. It doesn't look the Marriott elite status are appreciated at this hotel, but I guess I really can't complain on this.
Not sure why, but somehow it looks every staff at this hotel is tired and indifferent. I needed to print a train pass (booked online); the front desk staff asked me to send the pass via email which I did; checked the front desk the 2nd day morning and she said they didn't get any email; I resent following the instructions, still no go. So asked me to bring a thumb drive downstairs for them to print (they don't have any computer in the public area); and you know what, when I took the thumb drive downstairs, the front desk lady noticed that actually the pass has already been printed out there! No idea what's going on.

The breakfast is simply the WORST I have ever had at any Marriott hotel - I didn't really expect much since I already got to know AC hotels are not full-service ones, but it's just unbelievable that I noticed a bad/rotten tomato in my plate! Actually being so surprised, I even took a picture on this! Who would ever think that you need to use that much extra caution when eating at a Marriott property! It looks the staff are just busy chatting with each other; the hot meals are long gone well before they close for breakfast and never got refilled.

For this hotel, the only thing that I can think of to be up to the Marriott standard is the room is clean and bed comfortable; that's the major reason I'm giving this hotel 2* instead of 1*. At more than $240/night (174 Euro), I definitely expected more, even for expensive cities like Firenze.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank cmxpek
acfirenze, General Manager at AC Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with the AC Hotel Firenze.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory and unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We really appreciate as well your positive feedback about our room standards.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. We remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.
Best regards,
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel staff is excellent in giving directions, guidance and all the information you would need to travel! The complementary breakfast is lovely
and the public transportation is easy as well.
There is a tram service to and from the train station so take the tram to the hotel instead of taking the taxi. (you will get there in less than 10 minutes and tram only cost 1,20 euro instead of 8!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
pune
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have been staying at this hotel, during our Europe tour with our family. The hotel ambience is very good, also the rooms are good. They are a bit small but overall a good experience to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: A good hotel on a business tour as well as on a family trip