“Good price, but.......”

Quadra Key Residence
Ranked #104 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I spent two nights, and I doubt I got more than 4 hours sleep between them. The rooms are well equipped with kitchenettes, which is great if you want to pack in your own food and do your own cooking. Helpful to those who are traveling around Europe and want to save on restaurants. We checked in late afternoon and could only find a Japanese restaurant up the street where a decent meal could be had. It is not exactly convenient to the centro storico, as you must take a local bus, easily found, but a 30-40 minute bus ride once you are on it. Also very crowded.

As to sleeping, a group of guests was having a loud birthday party in the courtyard below our room. Since the air con was not turned on it was necessary to leave the balcony doors open, letting in all the noise. And the mosquitoes. The party broke up around midnight and retired to their room which, Murphy's Law, was next to ours. This is when I discovered that the walls are paper thin and we could hear everything said next door. They also decided to start cooking at 1AM, and the handy little kitchenette was not so fun as I heard pots banging around a couple of feet from my head. And the mosquitoes. I'm surprised my face wasn't swollen in the morning from slapping it all night.

On the plus side, the staff were helpful and spoke English.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The apartment was clean and spacious and very well organised, I really liked it. We were 5 of us and we got 3 rooms including hall and a large balcony. The kitchen was fully equipped with dish-washer and many utensils. Washing machine was available too. One of the issue was wi-fi, which was available only in small area of the hall and in the reception.

Location is great, there is a supermarket and an american snack bar in the same street. We had a car and this residence also provided basement parking which can be booked in advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Pros: new hotel, brand new and great quality appliances, and good location (just a few steps away from bus #22 which takes you into Florence)

Cons: on a busy street and the nighttime traffic can be a disturbance if you're a light sleeper, and the hotel seemed to have a bit of a mosquito problem. My girlfriend spotted a bunch of dead mosquitoes on the walls, and I had to keep hitting myself at night since at least one mosquito kept buzzing around me.

Good to know: parking is 10 Euros per night

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KingsAgain
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed there for the location near our relatives. The room was nice and the front desk clerks all spoke English. The only complaint was the air conditioner did not work in our room and it got stuffy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rmv40
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I came here with my 3 of my friends and found the studio very surprising! It is not located downtown but the transportation is very convenient. We were able to cook in the apartment. Love the kitchen in the apartment!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mia L
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Florence is an amazing city, and this hotel provides a comfortable and pleasant retreat. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the kitchenette is indeed a pleasure to use. However individuals and f\groups travelling on business will find the absence of a hotel restaurant serving breakfast a bit of a drawback. If you are travelling with family and wish to cook for yourselves then i guess things can work out fine. An enjoyable stay overall, but we had to travel into the city centre to actually enjoy the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dr Ali A
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We booked into quadra key at the last minute because of a weather related cancellation and booking over the phone was easy, the staff speak very good english. We also got upgraded because we visited in winter and our flat was huge with a large outdoor patio for use in summer. The furnishing were done to a good standard and the kitchen was well stocked. It's an easy bus ride on the 22 bus straight to the Santa Maria Maggiore church.

The rest of tuscany is also pretty accessible by car. The route out with our satnav went very very close to the ZTL and had us quite worried, so if you can, take the longer route via the autostrada.

Parking is not included in the price though, something we didn't realize earlier, but it is pretty economical for short stays at 10 euros a day.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family