“Unbeatable location”

Ranked #69 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Unbeatable location”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The location of Il Salotto Di Firenze is absolutely the best possible.
Our room was clean, stylish and spacious, loved the high ceiling. Service was friendly and the breakfast, while very basic, was just right for us.
If you expect a 5* hotel with all the services, this might not be the best choice.
If you're looking for nice rooms and great value with unbeatable location and feel to the city, I would recommend Il Salotto.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This is the place to stay in Florence. Quiet, comfortable, and welcoming!
My fiance and I stayed here for four nights this past June and loved it. It is located literally steps away from the Duomo. When you step outside you are in the middle of Florence, we couldn't have asked for anything better.
Our room was great! Very clean and spacious. We stayed in the Odoardo room. The bathroom was connected and very large. The service was great, breakfast pretty poor and once again the coffee was pretty horrible. If Americans are looking for American tasting coffee Italy is not the place to go. We tried every way possible from cafe americano to cafe latte and cafe macchiato, nothing was good.
When booking this room go through their website or Venere.com so you get it confirmed. It was very hard getting a hold of someone at the desk of the hotel. You can only check in at certain times, otherwise noone will be there to let you in. Be sure to double check those times befor you get there. Very important!
Like I said the location was fantastic; a short walk to ponte vecchio, accademia, uffizi, etc. Also, we walked from the train station to the hotel, it was about a ten minute walk and we had an easy time finding it.
Overall, loved our stay in Venice. Il Salotto was great! Clean, comfortable, and friendly!

Reviewed 23 July 2010

We booked the Giovanni Fattori room on October 2009. A romantic room in a very romantic city. The balcony made it for us, cannot believe the value for money

• Stayed June 2010
Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The reviews of this B&B are Excellent ...and with good reason, I don't know how much more I could add. I have stayed here 5 times and will continue to do so.
There is so much to see and do in Italy, and although I try to see different areas on each trip, I always return to Florence.. for no other reason than to see the friends I have made at this beautiful B&B.

Alessandro and Andrea cannot do enough for you. You will have the feeling of Family and the immersion is an experience that will make it a Favorite of every visit...the one you will remember and talk about forever. It's a pleasure to wake in the morning to wonderful conversation and breakfast with them...and the Duomo bells let you know You are in Italy !! I have recorded them on several occasions to replay when I am at home and longing for this feeling.

The rooms are immaculate, spacious, and well decorated. The location is superb.
This is one experience and stay you will never forget...and I am sure you will also return again and again to Il Salatto di Firenze.....to see Alessandro and Andrea.
I am a member of Trip Advisor, feel free to contact me to know more.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

First of all, Alessandro and his staff couldn't have been more helpful - drawing maps, recommending restaurants, lending umbrellas... They were also very accommodating when I arrived at 9am and they made sure my room was cleaned early so I could sleep off the long flight. Second, the room itself was pretty good sized with a tv. Finally, the location (right on the Piazza del Duomo) is pretty much exactly where any visitor to the city wants to be. And all this was a steal for the price. It's definitely where I'm staying the next time I make it to Florence.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We were very pleasantly surprised at how lovely and spacious the rooms were at Il Salotto Di Firenze. Such a perfect location in the heart of everything!

anchorage,ak
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Alessandro and his staff were extremely helpful and made our first time in Florence one to remember. Of the five B & B's we stayed in while in Italy this was the most nicely decorated. I got the room with the balcony which was cool for cocktails and people watching. The B & B is centrally located to the train station and all major cites. My wife and I walked everywhere.