“Disappointing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

An email assured me that the Blue apartment was avail. for me and my brother in May. At our arrival, it was difficult to find the young woman assigned to meet us. The street numbers are very confusing. Evidently Margherita, the owner, had emailed [too late] that she would be unavailable, and without our Mobal international cell phone we never would have found her agent. Anyway, we were shown to the red apartment which I had earlier seen reviewed as having a bad shower which leaked all over the floor. Our contact knew nothing about the promised blue apartment, and said that it was occupied. We went ahead and moved into the red one, and YES, it was exactly as described earlier. Try mopping up inches of water w/ a few towels left for personal use! A most disgusting waste of time and towels. My brother said that it would be quite easy to seal up the problem around the bathtub, but nothing had been done -- With a decent shower the red apartment would be fine -- close to the train station [around the block], and there is a very pleasant coffee shop 2 doors away at the corner.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TodaviaBajo
Margherita C, Owner at Florentia Apartments, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your review. Regarding the bathtube of the Rubino Apartmens severe works have been done to solve the problem of a romantic antique bathtube leaking. I hope that the problem has been solved to the roots and I hope to be able to offer you a special discount on your next trip to Florentia Apartments.
Arrivederci
Margherita

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Klagenfurt, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had been there the second time, because it's a very good situated apartment in the center of florence at santa maria novella. the owner is very kindly. Everything is best off and the apartment is very nice

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nagelean
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I spent April and May 2013 in the Giada apartment, which is one block from the Arno. This was our second time staying at Fiorentia Apartments.The first time was at another building on Via della Scala in 2010. The Giada apartment is a couple of blocks closer to central Florence. As always, Marguerita was very accommodating and everything was in good order. The only thing that went wrong in two months was a lack of hot water one morning. Marguerita was just a cell phone call away and it was fixed in two hours. There was some noise from the street from a nearby restaurant sometimes but both bedrooms are at the back of the apt. plus the restaurant was great and we ate there a lot. Very convenient. (It is to be expected that there will be street noise in most Florentine apts.) There is plenty of storage in both the bathroom and the two bedrooms and the satellite TV had many different stations in English. The two bathrooms came in handy when our grown son visited.The kitchen had all the utensils we could use even for a two month period. The washer worked beautifully. Most Florentine apts do not have a dryer but there was plenty of space to hang clothes both in the bathroom and the outside courtyard.We expect to visit Florentia apartments again as we know how reliable, kind and well-spoken Marquerita is. We believe that the reliability of the apartment owner is most important, as well as a comfortable, clean place. Thank you, Marquerita, for providing both for two months.

Room Tip: This apt is on the first floor so there is one flight of steps to walk up. Other apts in the buildin...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Frisco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have just returned from spending 2 weeks and weekends at the Diamante apartment with a friend. We both have been to Europe before. Overall the apartment was "good". The location is fine, and the space was more than adequate, but i must comment on the cleanliness. The floor in the kitchen was NOT clean. My friend washed it as best she could (we did not find a mop) using a kitchen towel.
I also want to comment that her shower curtain kept falling down. Apparently, the tension rod was not quite long enough and it was balanced on a very narrow ledge of tile. Each time she wanted to shower, i would hear a loud "crash" as the entire curtain and rod came down! We should have told Margherita as she did stop by a couple of times during our stay to clean the other apartments. We did not want to be a bother.
The only other issue was the mosquitoes or bugs. I'm not sure what was biting, but something kept biting us! Maybe it needs to be sprayed?
Overall, it was a nice, convenient place to stay with plenty of room for 2 people.

Room Tip: If you sleep in the Diamante, the room next to the balcony can be noisy for a light sleeper. The wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Margherita C, Proprietario at Florentia Apartments, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your comment. As you said we met at the apt various times, where you asked that I should provide some materials for your painting classes and finally for a taxi reservation, which I both provided. I would have been more than happy to offer an extra cleaning or the shower curtain to be repaired if only was advised (also more concerned for these latter as I really CARE for my clients comfort!) and this would not bother at all.

We provide mosquitos spray and cleaning tools and products in the laundry space. Also these issues you could have asked for...

For your info I will provide a professional cleaning of the kitchen floor in the Diamante apartment: there are some spots which cannot be cleaned with normal products. Thank you so much for pointing this out.
Also I will put an add in the washing mashine place not to use it at night!
Thank you for your comments which help me to grow! A presto, Margherita
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

These apartment were located very close to the train station. They were very comfortable. Margarita was very helpful in recomending local restaurants and in getting reservatoins. We would highly recommend these apatments. The apartment we stayed in accommidated 5 of us comfortably. It had a great loft that kids enjoyed sleeping in. Don't expect to be greated upon arrival, but she makes it very easy to find the place and get the key to your room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

These apartments are well located, close to the station and easy walking distance to all the tourist sites. Our apartment was very well equipped and comfortable. I would gladly stay there if I return to Florence for another holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary F
Pune, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I would not recommend this apartment to anyone. The only reasons we stayed put was because we had already paid a considerable part of the money. The floor is very dirty and it seems it hasn't been cleaned in ages. If you walk barefoot, it seems like there is something sticky clinging to it.
The beds are most uncomfortable. The extra bed for a single person in the hall creaks and ensures you have a hearty back ache in the morning.
In fact,the owner was away when we arriv,but the person who opened the door for us was quite unaware about basic things. They promised wifi,but when we asked about it, the woman just shrugged her shoulders and said,"no wifi".
The bed linen too was not clean. When we pointed out that the cushions in the hall were soiled,she simply said " these are not for sleeping,only use when reading or sitting on the sofa." we were horrified at the lack of hygiene!
Similarly,we were expected to use the dishwasher for a 4nights with inadequate materials. The kitchen is tiny and is useful for the most basic cooking only.
All in all,our trip didn't turn out to be that good because of the apartment. The only plus point is its location - very close to the central station - which aided us in staying out of the apartment as much as we could. You would do better to stay away from the central location or spend more and live in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Malvikan
, Owner at Florentia Apartments, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Guest,
in reply to your comment please read the following:
- The floor is very dirty: the antique cotto floor had been treated with a special wax to protect and nourish it. Unfortunatelly the liquid wax was not fully absorbed when you arrived, this is why you found it sticky.
- The beds are most uncomfortable: all the beds have comfortable regular matresses with rubber bands or latex fitting.
- The wifi was unfortunatelly to be fixed in those days and now we have a brand new fast ADSL connection
- bed linen/cuscions: I personally take care of cleaning, bed linen washing so to be sure of the hygiene quality, as I like it very much for my guests as well as in my own home!

The apartments are fully fitted and I check on maintenance and standard of service, which is as being in a family with your own privacy. Probably the holidays in family apartments are not in your expectation and I am sure you will enjoy a hotel service better on your next vacation.