Hotel Casci(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$428
US$186
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

US$567
US$111
US$94
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdirectly across the streetliving roombeautiful apartmentaccademia galleryone bedroom apartmentaround the cornerthese apartmentswell equipped kitchentaxi standhigh ceilingswouldn't stay anywhere elsevisiting florencewonderful staytrain stationlocation is excellentthe air conditioningcentral market
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Of all our terrific accommodations during our 3-week trip to Europe this summer, the Palazzo Alfani has to be our absolute favorite! The location, right across the street from the Accademia Museum (home of David), was ideal -- not too crammed with tourists, but not too far away from the sights. We walked up a few flights of stairs to a quiet and gorgeous apartment (the "San Marco") with dramatic, high ceilings, luxurious draperies and colorful frescoes on the ceiling. The bathroom was pristine and modern with a great shower -- no small thing in Europe! Best of all, perhaps, was our attentive and friendly "hostess" Francesca -- she was so helpful and lovely. If you're looking for a place that'll make you feel like a Florence resident, rather than a tourist, this is it! My husband, 8 year-old daughter and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2008

26th September to 1st October
When we arrived at Palazzo Alfani, my husband and 2 daughters aged 8 and 10 were absolutely delighted with the apartment. It was across the road from the Accademia, but on the quiet side, not on the road side which would have been much noisier. Francesca, who looked after us was lovely and even organised tickets for us to see "David" and to enter the Uffizi Gallery. Francesca Alfani, who was the owner, lived next door and went out of her way to make us feel at home, she even sent me to her hairdresser. The apartment had just been refurbished with antiques, the kitchen was well stocked with cutlery, china and pots, the bathroom was spacious and spotless with a massage shower just installed. We would highly recommend it for families with children. It was central to shops and restaurants and attractions. Wouldn't even contemplate a 4.5 start hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Just superb!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2008

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Palazzo Alfani. All I have to say is that 4 nights was not long enough! This little apartment residence, located directly across from the Accademia, is an absolute gem. There is no lobby, no concierge, no bell boys...which in my opinion adds even more to it's charm. What you will find is a warm, inviting apartment, lovingly run by Francesca and the Alfani family who will look after your every need without hesitation and with a smile to boot!

The Alfani has an amazing location...directly across the Accademia and an approx 10 - 15 min walk to the Duomo, Piazza della Republica, etc. It is the perfect location to explore. There are also several restaurants in the area. Francesca has some of the most amazing recommendations...I highly recommend you try one or all of them. Our favourite was the 'Accademia' Enoteca which was just around the corner from the apartment.

The apartments are very well appointed. We stayed in the Santa Maria Novella suite which overlooked Via Ricasoli and the entrance to the Accademia. The line for the Accademia is long and starts early...if you are sensitive to noise, recommend a room that faces the inside courtyard garden. We actually did not mind the noise from the street...it added charm and actually forced us to wake up early to head out and explore.

Each apartment has its own kitchenette (equiped with everything you need) as well as a lovely sitting and eating area. The rooms are immaculate! Not to mention the high ceilings and impressive decoration! There is a small grocery store only a few steps away where you can get everything you need...including wine!

What else can I say? The Palazzo Alfani is an incredible find in amazing Firenze. If you are looking for accommodation that is a little more under the tourist radar than a typical hotel...look no further. The apartments at the Palazzo Alfani will make you feel like your home away from home...and Francesca will go out of her way to help with anything. She is amazing!

Francesca...Thank you so much for making our stay with you our most memorable in Italia. We look forward to staying with you again soon...and I look forward to recommending your residence to all my clients! John and Tricia...your friends in Canada.

Oh...and if you are looking for something off the beaten path to do while in Firenze...I highly recommend the 1-day Bike Tuscany tour with ArtViva tours...it was fantastic and the highlight of our trip (aside from the Palazzo Alfani of course)...

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank born2travel3
Reviewed 19 May 2008

Rather than staying at a hotel on my last trip to Florence, Italy, I decided to rent an apartment. Palazzo Alfani al David is so conveniently located and is literally right across the street from the Academia and around the corner from Piazza San Marco. My expectations of the apartment were throughly exceeded. It was bright, airy, very spacious, immaculately clean, very nicely furnished and I immediately felt at home. Huge windows in the living room/dining room combination opened to a beautiful courtyard, as did the bedroom window. The bathroom was very large with all modern plumbing and a fabulous shower. The kitchen was furnished with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker and coffee! There was a large flat screen TV and very high speed internet access that simply required being plugged into my laptop. Florence is such a fabulous city that you want to walk it over and over again....it is truly a walking city. It was wonderful to return "home" to my apartment for an afternoon rest after all my walking each day. And then out to dinner. I even had two occasions when I had a delicious meal that I couldn't finish and I took "home" a doggie bag that I was able to heat in the microwave another day! Francesca, the proprietor, couldn't do enough for me. She was terrific. I plan to make Palazzo Alfani my second home when I return to Florence each year!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank CaraFirenze
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Very nicely appointed place to stay in Florence. We paid 240 euros per night for 2 adults and 2 children in this one bedroom apartment. I would have liked twin beds for the kids not a sofa bed if I could've found it but nevertheless the beds were comfortable.

The kitchen was more of a kitchenette, you could cook simple meals but not a lot of bench space for cooking.

The apartment is not serviced daily.

The apartment was recently fitted out and was in a good location about 10 minutes walk from the Duomo. I must add that the more buzzy, shopping side of the CBD is the other side of the Duomo where Cazuioli St is. It depends what you are looking for. The San Lorenzo markets are only about 5 minutes away.

The hostess Francesca was very friendly and helpful.

The only glitch we had was trying to find the place as Italy has two sets of street numbers, one in red for businesses and the same numbers in red for residential. It was totally confusing trying to find the place. I think if the owners sent out a note letting you know about this it might save on a bit of stress when entering Florence! the GPS systems can't handle this numbering system.

The grocery store two doors along on the same side of the street is extremely handy in helping to keep costs down in this pricey city.

Also I thought the 30 Euros a day valet parking was very steep. We had no other option but to use it as we wanted our car parked safely.

Would definitely ask for a courtyard side room as it is very quiet and good for sleeping.

Overall we would stay again if we go to Florence because of location and clean and tidy state of the apartment.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family