Bed and Breakfast Galileo 2000
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
  • Bar/Lounge
Dante Alighieri(Florence)
  • Restaurant
Albergo Firenze(Florence)
Hotel Santa Croce(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiazza san firenzeb bcoffee and croissantgreat locationlocal caferoom was largewashing machinewould definitely stay here againlovely hotelchurchhostselevatoritalianskeysattractionslaundryeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The innkeeper gave us a map and explained where to find the sights. He woke up extra early for our early morning checkout. He offered to upgrade our room if available. He provided good service. The property itself has a central location but also has limitations: noisy water pumps in your and your neighbor's bathrooms, thin walls, a cigarette smell, and scratchy bed linens. At this price point, I preferred the Residence La Contesina.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights. We couldn't believe how large our room was. The hideabed couch was uncomfortable but that was minor compared to how much we enjoyed our stay. Sergio is very helpful about getting to various sites as well info on great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the square because it is very large.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I'm sorry I can't rave about this place like everyone else but it honestly wasn't that great. We travelled with another couple and had two rooms for three nights.

First the good points. The location is outstanding! The owner is a nice guy & helpful. The room is very clean and huge. The hair dryer works.

The bad points. The shower constantly fluctuates between steamy and freezing. The hallways are very dark and the lights are controlled with motion detectors that do not work well. The TV requires two remotes and it is very aggravating to make it work right. No phone in room. We were above an alleyway where there was some sort of very loud work going on early every morning. The furnishings look like they came from an Italian garage sale, time for an update!

If I we returning to Florence I would stay at a different location. Just being honest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JLago
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Once decided that location needs to be our first priority on a quick two nights visit to Florence it was rather easy to decide. Perfectly located, minutes from all main attractions, warm hospitality and all the assistance / recommendations one may need will be pleasantly offerd to you by Sergio, who runs the place. Adding to the above reasonable pricing and you will understand why we feel we couldn't do any better!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

As per title, nothing more the say, just perfect! Nice Inn keeper who is very keen to tell u all about florence, recommending good restaurants at the same time. At this very moment im looking at my room in this extra
large bed, it just gives me a big smile, no regrets! I would definitely recommend my frds to stay here, and would devo stay here if I ever visit florence again!

One down side to my room though, is that the hot water tank has a capacity of pretty muchone girl's worth of shower time. This renders you having to take the shower with your partner together before the hot water runs out.