“Worth it!”

La Cucina del Garga-Cooking Classes-
More attraction details
Owner description: Now you can enjoy preparing original recipes from the world famous "Garga". With over 30 years of experience Chef Sharon Oddson will supervise the cooking lessons where you will learn how to recreate our "Garga" culinary traditions in your home kitchens.The class is held inside the restaurant only in the morning.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was originally referred to Sharon Oddson when another cooking class had no availability the day I wanted. Very lucky for me! Since then, I have done two one day classes with her (Feb 2012 and Apr 2014); both were excellent, providing me with some great recipes, one of which I make at least once a month (chicken under a brick)! I also really enjoyed the viewing the art in the restaurant too!

1  Thank wandacadillac

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sharon’s cooking class was one of the highlights of my visit to Florence a few years ago. Sharon guided us through the preparation of a feast fit for a Medici. Starting with an artichoke appetizer, followed by homemade pasta and a magnificent roast and ending with a delicious Tuscan specialty, a schiacciata con l’uva (grape cake), the meal was utterly divine. Sharon’s warmth, patience and contagious passion for food, wine and life made for an experience one that I hope to repeat on a future visit to Italy. I would strongly urge all visitors to Florence to make Sharon’s class a part of their itineraries.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I had met Sharon through a friend, so were thrilled to make her cooking class part of our Florentine adventure. It far exceeded our expectations. We were met with a beautifully presented program, which included the day's menu we were about to prepare. With great warmth, patience and humor, Sharon talked us through the preparation of each course, taking special care to actually teach the cooking techniques involved in each step. So not only did we have a blast, we also truly learned a thing or too! Plus, we had a great bonding experience with the one other, super nice couple that was taking the class that day. THEN, when all was out of the oven and off the stove, a beautiful table was set and a gorgeous bottle (or two or three) of wine was opened. The only thing more satisfying than preparing the meal was eating it. Every morsel was more delicious than the last. Truly one of the great meals I've had and taking part in cooking it with our own hands (literally) made it that much more special. We HIGHLY recommend this class, this experience, this adventure.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have taken Sharon's class twice and have had the most wonderful expeience. She has a great personality and the most fantastic recipes. Have learned a lot. The best pasta sauce, which my entire family loves ( including all of my grandchildren!!!)

A very unusual pesto recipe and a fabulous panna cotta.

Definitely worth the experience

Harvey from Boston

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have known and worked with Sharon for over 20 years, and have sent scores of clients to cook with her. Without exception, every one comes back and says that it was the best part of their trip! She is a wonderful cook and a marvelous teacher. The classes will be even better in the new space!
Vivian Kramer