“Fantastic-location,service, professionism, courtesy, room, quiet.”
Review of Hotel Axial

Hotel Axial
Ranked #185 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Hotel Axial was the perfect place for my husband and me to stay while in Florence, enjoying the historical sites. We were only 5 minutes walking distance to the Uffizzi, Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, among others. In spite of being in the heart of activity, the hotel was very quiet and we had no trouble sleeping. The staff is very professional and helped us with reservations for taxis and museums, and tours. We split our stay in Florence between an apartment and the hotel and we much preferred the hotel. We will definitely stay at the hotel when we return to Florence. Axial made our visit so easy.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Axial! The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the Santa Maria Novella train station, and it is literally steps away from the Duomo. After reading all of the wonderful reviews of this hotel I was not disappointed! The hotel is on the second floor and you have to push a button to enter the outside door (kind of like an apartment building). As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the concierge who gave us a map and general information about the hotel. At Hotel Axial you have to leave your key behind each time you leave the hotel - but this was great for me! One less thing I have to worry about losing! After 1 am they close their reception, but they will give you the code to enter if you need it. The room was a good size and the bed was soft and there was free wi-fi and a mini fridge! The included hotel breakfast is continental but has everything you need to get your day started: cappucino and coffee machine, assorted breads and pastries, cold meats and cheese, yogurt, boiled eggs and fresh fruits. Very yummy! The hotel also has a small wi-fi hot spot room that has a computer that guests can use, a great selection of books about Italy and the surrounding areas, and even some games: chess and cards.

I had a morning flight out of Florence airport back to the US and their reception doesn't open until 6:30am at the hotel, so I had to check out the night before and leave the key at the desk. However, the hotel concierge went over everything with me that I would need to do (how to open the locked main door) and even ordered me a taxi. The taxi arrived right on time and I was even able to see it pull up from the window behind the reception desk. If I'm ever in Florence again I will definitely stay here. It is pricey, but you can't beat the location and excellent staff.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hotel location was perfect! Reception staff was excellent, and very helpful, spoke English very well and were happy to recommend dinning and tour info. The room we had was a bit small, but we were not in it very much. Otherwise, I highly recommend axial if you want to be right in the middle of all the fun!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Rooms are updated and clean. There are nice fluffy towels and the bed was comfortable. The staff is super. This is right in the middle of all the action in Florence. The reception area is small, but there is a separate room with comfortable seating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the street side but the windows are insulated and I was not disturbed by street noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gigijoan
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The people in the front desk, bar or in the rest of the hotel have been very friendly. Without matter our language (we don't talk Italian), always have communicated with us in Spanish or English.

The hotel is in the middle of Florence downtown, you can get any palace, castle or other touristic place walking. It's very safe to walk in the street in the night in fact you should do this because it's another city in the night and if you need some assistance, you can ask to the people in the hotel, I'm sure they help you.

Room Tip: You can ask for each room in this hotel.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I wanted a hotel that was easily accessible, clean and good value for money. Hotel Axial far exceeded my expectations, disappointed as I was with my hotel in Rome.

This simply beautiful little hotel is excellent value for money. It is centrally located , very clean and has excellent facilities. A living room which you can use even after check out ( which is at 10.30) and a pretty little covered terrace in which you can sit make this a hotel worth staying in. I loved the sumptous breakfast, the beautiful artworks and the helpful staff.

I would recommend this hotel to any one even though it is located on the first floor!

Room Tip: Maybe I had the last room in the hotel so it was a bit noisy in the night....Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good location but beware of the bathroom...

This hotel was in a good location in Florence. Within walking distance to pretty much everything.

However, beware of the bathroom, especially the shower. Our bathroom shower was not enclosed. If you get room 118, you will know what I mean. Ask for another room. Because the shower was not enclosed, the entire bathroom floor would get wet when anyone took a shower. There is only a shower curtain. This was the weirdest shower I have ever seen in a hotel. Plus, the bathroom smelled really bad (I'm assuming that's either because of the nasty rubber bath mat or from the whole bathroom floor getting wet everyday... ick). Bring a pair of rubber flip-flops to wear in the shower just in case you get a room with this shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends