“Excellent value for money - large, quiet modern small hotel, with great central location and helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Axial

Hotel Axial
Ranked #187 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 5 September 2009

My 20 year old son and I recently returned from a 2 week holiday to Italy. We spent 3 nights at the Hotel Axial in Florence and highly recommend it. While it was one of the least expensive hotels we stayed in (due to their Internet special of 3 nights for the cost of 2), it was also one of the very best. The rooms are spacious and clean. Our room had a lovely view of a small interior courtyard. Even though the hotel location is in the centre of Florence, the only "noise" we heard were the lovely sounds of the nearby Duomo (cathedral) bells. In addition, the hotel's central location provides easy access to the city's beautiful streets, vibrant street life, restaurants and museums. The hotel staff were wonderful - helpful and very understanding with all of our requests. The breakfast buffet was a good value, and the free internet access (with 2 available computers) was something we did not encounter in any other hotels that we stayed in. We would absolutely stay in this hotel again when we return to Italy and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed 29 August 2009

Hotel Axial, one block from Florence's famous Duomo, the cathedral, is the perfect location. Walking distance from the train station and from many car rental places along Borgnissanti. I can't imagine going anywhere within the city other than on foot; everything is so close, and the hotel is central.
Single room in July was exceptionally cheap, with breakfast. The staff also speak English and French and are very friendly. Room was modern, cool, very clean and very quiet. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I cannot tell you how helpful this hotel was! First of all, we would be finding hostels (my friend and I are college students,) but this three-star hotel came down to the price of a one-star in August, and we found a great deal. However, I would probably spend more anyway to be at Axial, as it is next to the Duomo in Florence, and a two minute walk from Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, the river, etc. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, and the rooms very clean. I requested a room facing the courtyard as to be more quiet, and I would recommend this--one night we even brought dinner to eat in this small inner courtyard. It is difficult to find computer access at hotels in Europe, but Axial has two computers in a library room that is quite convenient. Breakfast included, good maps available, etc. Would recommend to my parents and friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My wife and I were very pleased with Hotel Axial, which began with making reservations online. The location is perfect - in the heart of everything. The room was very nice - not a palace, but everything you need and enough space to be very comfortable. The breakfast is the only thing we'd rate good, not excellent, but not a deal breaker. Best of all, the staff was very friendly and helpful with every question or recommendation we asked. When considering the cost of our room was considerably less than other choices, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottDallas
Reviewed 21 August 2009

This is the sort of lovely little place that you almost want to keep it to yourself. It was incredibly central - about 2 minutes walk from the Duomo! We couldn't believe we had found a hotel that was so nice yet so near to everything without spending a fortune.

I'd definitely stay here again.

One thing to really note - if you like a good night's sleep but sometimes find it difficult to sleep in noisy cities, the windows of our room seem to have several layers of double glazing. I'm not sure what the technical term is but it meant the room was really quiet. Fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I just came back from 10 days in Italy. The Axial was the best 3 stars hotel I stayed in Europe. The location can not be better ! in the center of old Florence, you can walk 5 minutes to any attraction. If it is hot you can come back and rest at noon in the cold AC room. My room was big for a solo traveler, with a window facing the main street which I like. I enjoyed looking late at night out side the window and see the people, and yet double glass- I did not hear any noise. The front desk is very friendly and give you all the good tips about town and how to go to other places. The brakfast is good, the room is clean and there is a nice open "living room" with free internet magazines and comfortable sofas. I love the hotel !! the price THE BEST !!! you can not GET a better deal.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I was amazed the minute the reseptionist said hello to me!

I stayed at he Axial for 5 nights and I couldn't have picked a better choice of where to stay. I was simply in the heart of Florence loving every second of the day, the easyness of going back and forth to the hotel with my shoppingbags just because it was so close!

The little courtyard were simply genious! I brought my book out there and sat there for some hours while the town was sizzling hot resting my feet before shoppingspree #6 for the day started!

The rooms were very clean and tidy, there was a fridge and and electionic safe as well in the room. Even though my window faced the street (or really the backside of the Hotel Savoy - i could see the chefs preparing dinner!) there were hardly ANY noice! I heard more of the people coming into the neighbour room drunk than the party people outside.

Another thing and not just about the hotel - is that it is SO easy to travel to the riviera or other big cities in Itlaly so you can actually take many daytrips around the area! I Recommend IT!

The rate was perfect- I met some people living in hostels who paid the same rate as I did..and they were even 20min away from the city.. guess who got jealous of were I was staying..

I am simply gonna use the Axial at the rest of my stays in Florence because I am coming back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo