“So Dissapointed !!! Be carefull”

Relais Dante e Beatrice
Ranked #259 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I found this b&b through internet and both the photos of this place seemed nice. But when we got there, I was shocked , the rooms, entrance, breakfast room nothing was the same. I think the photos were taken professionally, rooms neither have garden view nor had balconies. There was only one balcony in the enterance.
Everywhere was full of mosquitos, dirty bath room, very tigh shower tub even I could not take shower it was around 70x70 cm. Because the floor of the room was made of dark brown color of plastic imitation of wood, it was covering dirt.
My arms, legs were bited by mosquitos, I was so uncomfortable, could not sleep well, bed was terrible old and already deformated.
Breakfast was not good, no organic gluten-free products, even the tomatoes did not taste.
This was the worse choose up to now for me & my husband. The staff was unhappy & look demotivated, tired.
I unfortunately feel cheated.
The first two things in my mind is dirt and mosquitos. Mosquitos were the main owner of the rooms :(

Room Tip: Do not choose any of the rooms untill they are renovated & managed properly. Most of the visitor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DenizzSeaA

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were quite disappointed! The proprietor was a lovely woman, however, that's where any reference to "lovely" stops with this place. When making our reservations, we requested a room "overlooking the garden" and we received a confirmation reiterating this request. At that time, no mention was made that the building in which this B&B is located was under construction. There was NO garden - there was dirt and dead plants. The garden area was being used to house wood and materials for the ongoing construction. In addition to this issue, the air conditioner in our room did not work properly. We were able to get the staff to come in and get it working, but it was never quite comfortable in the room. We asked to change rooms and told by the staff that it was not possible. The next day, we went out to tour around the city. My husband and I ended up taking a 6 mile hike in additional to touring around the city. We intentionally left our A/C on in the room since it wasn't working property and we were unable to operate it ourselves. After our long hike, we came back looking forward to entering a cool room, but were furious to find the A/C turned completely off, no windows open, and the room hot and stuffy. We tried again to turn it back on, but were unsuccessful. We had to get the staff to come in and turn it on - very frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BuncoSouthCarolina
Reviewed 22 May 2014

stayed just for 1 night while visiting the Duomo. The rooms are quite big and we were the only couple in the B&B if I am right. Very comfy bed...good shower. The receptionist was a Moroccan guy and he was a very good bloke...very helpful and thank God spoke English. It’s very close to the Duomo. Found it quite hard to figure where the place actually is as in Florence they’ve got old number and new numbers on their doors – so quite confusing if you can’t speak Italian. But nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I like the place. Breakfast was good. Owner was helpful. Room was clean? For those searching for accommodation in Florence, this place could be a good choice. Walking distance to the academia. Not too far from ur fizz and near to shopping lots.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dyoie
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent two wonderful nights at this B&B. Mina is a great host and very helpfull. The room we stayed was very nice, confortable and clean. The breakfast is nice but could be a little more varied. About 15-20 minutes away from the railway station and very near the main attractions. B&B to consider again next time we visit Florence. One remark: don't panic with the elevator, it's different but Mina will explain how it works.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this very nice bed and breakfast. We had a comfortable room. Excellent breakfast with ample variety. Upon arrival we were offered valet parking which was a big plus since we wanted to leave the car parked while sightseeing Florence. Mina was very nice, accommodating, recommended an excellent restaurant nearby where we enjoyed nice food, reasonable priced and in a very friendly atmosphere, I highly recommend Antica Trattoria "da Tito". Mina can even make reservations for you!
I would definitely come back to Dante e Beatrice

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Recently stayed here for 2 nights. Very comfortable and clean with a great breakfast. The hostess, Mena, was very friendly and helpful, especially with bookings. She speaks French, Italian and some English. Perfect location for sightseeing, only 5 minutes from Accademia and a short walk to the market and Ponte Vecchio. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple