“An exceptional three-star hotel in a pretty part of town”
Review of Silla Hotel

Silla Hotel
Ranked #68 of 421 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“An exceptional three-star hotel in a pretty part of town”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Silla is easily the nicest three-star hotel that I have ever stayed at. The location is fantastic, just minutes away from the bustle of central Florence, in a quiet and pretty spot; there's a nice roof terrace overlooking the Arno. The rooms may not be luxurious but they are comfortable, spacious and clean, and there is free wifi. The breakfast is good by Italian standards. Service is very professional: my request for a particular kind of room was honoured, reception and breakfast staff were courteous and welcoming. I've stayed here twice and will not look to go elsewhere when I next visit Florence. Do not hesitate to book this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2014, and found the staff and location fantastic. The breakfast was very good, but if I had to fault them, the only thing I could find was the hardness of the bed was too hard for me (1st world problem I guess). All in all very good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PCandKC
NZ
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A long overdue review as we stayed last August in a double superior room for 3 nights. We caught a taxi from the airport for under 10 euro and our check in was very smooth and friendly. Our room faced the river and although it was a little noisy with the windows open during the day we didn't notice the road noise at night with big shutters on the windows. The in room safe was a very very tiny hole in the wall for passports and small items only. Wifi was fast and continuous. We left our key at the front desk whenever we went out but cant remember if this was required or our choice. There is a nice terrace area for meals and couch area for drinks inside. We loved the location as it wasn't far to the main sights- maybe 15-20 min walking to the Duomo but the Pont Viechie bridge was closer. There were great restaurants around the back area of the hotel towards the look out at Piazzale Michelangelo( a must for sunsets!). It seemed more of a local area somehow or not the glitzy tourist area anyway. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank comfortgirl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We was on a 2 night site seeing trip to Florence. Having booked this hotel through an agent I did not know much about it. Before I arrived I looked on the map and thought this was a fair distance from the centre, however when arriving i was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is less then a 10 minute walk into the centre.

Just what you need and value for money. Very friendly staff who speak very good English. Only 35 rooms so they recognise you which gives its a personal touch.

The room is very spacious and has free WiFi. After staying in a few different hotels on our trip the bathroom and shower was a nice touch compared to others we experienced. The hotel has a lovely terrace where you can enjoy a nice drink looking over the river and city after a long day site seeing. They also offer free tea coffee and cakes when you sit there.

If I was to return to Florence I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Holly H
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We loved this place. Upon arrival I discovered I had left my passport in Rome and the staff was so helpful in tracking it down for me and advising me what to do. In four hours my passport was back in my hands and I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation. The room was beautifully decorated and spotless. Breakfast was fabulous and we were close to everything, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karan_Miller_Hart
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff very friendly. Breakfast very nice. Location fabulous- everything we wanted to see within walking distance. Our air con wasn't working but not a major issue! Would highly, highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Vanessa R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Parking is ~20/night, but you don't have to drive into Florence which makes things easier.
Hotel is well maintained. Odd decoration in the room we stayed in, but over all clean with a nice bathroom. Nice deck out looking onto the Arno. Quiet with a good breakfast. Dog friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple