“Bistecca - Delicious”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Last night, a couple of my Italian friends/colleagues and I ate at Buca Lapi...all of us for the first time - though the staff treated us like old friends. As my review title suggests, we hard the Bistecca Fiorentina, along with roasted potatoes, a very nice Chianti, and a simple bowl of gelato and an espresso at the end. The food was very good - the bistecca was done correctly and had a very good flavor...better than many I have had before. I did not pick up (or see!!!) the check so I can't comment on the "value" of the meal, but it was certainly quite good. I was not a big fan of the motif (the walls and ceilings are covered in posters from around the world), but otherwise the ambiance was nice. I definitely left a satisfied customer, and I plan to return on another trip to Firenze.

2  Thank GaryvM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place has it all going on. The food is fabulous and so is the service! Hard to find but definitely worth the walk. The cavolo nero toast is out of this world and so is the chocolate tart!!! Wow, you must go here.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I got more than enough to eat here as a vegetarian. Food was tasty and portions huge. Unique ambience and friendly service. they even have a menu in English language, that helps! That delightful taste of food prepared with high quality ingredients and passion lingers on your tongue .....

1  Thank Mangesh_T75
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food cosy cellar atmosphere with great service. The establishment is proud of the food they serve.

1  Thank AnnetteM959
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A casual restaurant with good food but lacked the extra seasoning and oomph. We were given this place by multiple people but feel like we missed out on a another great experience. We longed for La Giostra.

1  Thank sgamboca