“Excellent place to drink on the weekend!”
Review of Cabiria

Cabiria
Ranked #858 of 2,821 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Nice place for drinks, away from the tourist area on the north side of the river. Good outdoor seating. Great atmosphere in the evening.

1  Thank Aelver

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I live upstairs from this restaurant/bar. I know all the personnel and we go there everyday. The barristas and servers are lovely young people and Dita, a pretty blond, speaks English. The lunch is the best meal and I have eaten papardelle many times and also lovely plain spaghetti pomodoro, my compagno's favorite. From 7 to 9 pm every night they serve a very generous buffet, called apperitivo in Italian to a mostly young Italian crowd but also lots of foreign students. The place is open until 2am and in the summer the piazza is an outside party for all comers. They sometimes have music. (luckily I sleep in the back of the building!)

1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I got lost and stumbled apon this place. I was not overly hungry, my wife wanted pizza and they had outdoor seating and was crowded with locals. Included in the drink price was a buffet, so i took advantage. I was happy I did. They had salad, two pastas, some meatloaf stuff and a lot fo vegetables. All were really good. My wife was jealous when her pizza came out and was OK, but not of the same quality as the buffet. She ended up eating off of my plate too. If in the neighborhood was well worth it. Our only issue was their was only one waitress for all the outside tables, and she was overworked, so we had to wait to order our second (and third) drinks). Because of all the locals and it being such a nice night, did not mind it too much.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Walked around San Spirito looking for a place to enjoy apertivo on a warm early October Tuesday night after arriving earlier in the day . Walked alot of Florence that afternoon- getting lost most of the tiime, but a great city to wander in .Enjoyed Cabiria because it was obviously a destination for those who lived in that neighborhood. Young , old, students, couples, friends- all seemed very appreciative of the great food and the ambiance was lively. Sat and looked at the church and people-watched .Good wine by the glass selection and the food was incredible. Best apertivo by far.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Cabiria is a nice place to stop for lunch, serving a good range of pizzas and pastas for well under 10 euros each. Service was friendly and the food didn't arrive too quickly to suggest it had been reheated. Salads are huge and fresh, with the simple pastas evoking all that is good about Italian cuisine.

Our bill was EUR 17 for a tuna salad, spaghetti al pomodoro and a bottle of water, including coperto.