“Warning!”

Ranked #204 of 211 Dessert in Florence
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Before entering consider that a 3.5 euros ice cream is charged 2 two more euros if you seat down at the table. Quality is regular, tables are not clean or better are cleaned later after you seat down. In few words stay away!

1  Thank Guido C

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I have gotten into a bad habit (that has to stop soon) of having a gelato at least once daily. Today's at this caffe was about average - mint chip for me, vanilla (really?) for my husband. Why waste the calories for average gelato? Good question...

Reviewed 22 June 2013

They charge 6 euros to sit at a table to eat an ice cream, and if you are not Italien well be prepared to get awful service. Before I ordered my ice cream I asked her if she speaks English , she said a little bit so I made my order in English, but then she started to talk to her colleague about something I said and sounded very rude to me.

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

What a complete rip off and not to mention completely rude if your a tourist. I'm from New Zealand and pretty laid back and I can tell you the service here is rubbish. The owner and staff seem to treat you like crap and talk about you in Italian to each other thinking you don't understand. Plus they will sting you 6 euro for a table after you buy the food just to sit down and eat it! Plenty of other amazing places to eat in Florence so give this one the big miss.

2  Thank Jackson794
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We came in to get a gelato and pointed to the smallest cone on display. The price list had 2.50 Euro as the cheapest price, so like a reasonable person we assumed the smallest cone would correspond with the lowest price. However when we went to pay they charged us $6.50! We asked them how this was possible as this was the smallest size we could order and they proceeded to open a drawer and pull out another cone (of about the same size) and say this one is 2.50. We have been traveling allover Italy for the past 3 weeks and a normal gelato costs about 2-3 Euro. 6.50 is highway robbery. This place should be shut down as they are essentially stealing and are running a highly unethical and deceptive business.

The gelato was OK. But a bit funny as we ordered coffee gelato and there were pieces of peanut in it. Fine for us, but dangerous is someone has allergies and orders a flavor which should not have nuts in it in the US or in Italy or any other country!

1  Thank matttheman11