“Rude”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were visiting Florence for the 2nd time, only this time for a special birthday. Harry's bar previously was a delight, food as well as drinks and the staff.... this time unfortunately the bar tender was incredibly rude so totally took the edge of our evening which was a real shame. Harry's bar will not be seeing anymore of my money this trip as there are far better places to visit and the staff are far more superior, willing, and happy to serve you.......save your money and go elsewhere.

2  Thank Laura C

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I used to live in Florence and felt like I should recommend this place since I set up an account here. I was kind of surprised at some of the reviews. This was a couple years ago but every time I went I thought the waitstaff were nothing less than cordial and professional. It's a little pricey, but the food is just beyond reproach. I feel like I kind of rate restaurants in town by the quality of their risotto and they had some of the best in Florence. If you're American, maybe don't bring your expectations of an American restaurant. Or just go to McDonalds.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

we had dinner with friends one evening and we loved it so much that we came back the day after for lunch. The atmosphere is old style, maybe a bit stuffy but pleasant and lovely. The whole menu is to try. The most recommended course in my view are the tagliolini. A dream.
They have a good wine list with some good tuscans. Price a bit steep but you are dining at Harry's Bar.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We recently went to Harry's Bar in Florence, Italy. We arrived at about 9PM for just dessert. The restaurant was empty, yet it took them a while to find us a table?? When they finally sat us in the bar area because we were just having dessert, it took a waiter 10 minutes to even acknowledge that we were present. Then it took them 30 minutes to come out with our dessert order. We ordered 5 desserts for our family of five and not one was edible. I also found it shocking that despite Harry's Bar being in many international locations, no one seemed to speak one word of English. The restaurant is really awful……do not bother going there. Apparently I am not the only one who feels this way as the restaurant was empty!!!!

2  Thank HardToPleaseCt
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was recommended by my hotel conceirge. Turns out very disappointing. Servers were too cold and unfriendly. Feels like they are doing it because they have to. Friends and i ordered the florentine steak. Was ordinary and not worth the 85 euros we paid + taxes. Had better and cheaper. Restaurant was fairly empty on a sunday night with around 3 tables including our table. Servers seem to be in a hurry to clear our table. Tried twice and we had to tell them politely we are not done yet and it was only 9 plus in the evening. Most expensive, dis-satisfying and unjoyable meal we had so far in florence.

1  Thank Llkoon