“My 40th birthday”

Ranked #69 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
“My 40th birthday”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My husband arranged a meal here on our last night in Florence. I just read here that customer service towards indians wasn't very good - but I can't agree with this. The moment we walked through the door they were very polite and hospitable. All staff were very kind and spoke to us in punjabi too. The food was very delicious and very reasonable in price too. I was also given a little complimentary bday cake too. This was probably the best place we'd eaten whilst staying in Florence and would definitely go again. I asked for a takeaway menu as a souvenir for my 40th but was given the actual menu used in the restaurant. Definitely can't fault the service or the food.

giotti_singh, Proprietario at Haveli Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thanks a lot for your review that makes me very very happy. Is not important from where they come, our guests are all the same, we are at their complete disposition and they should feel here as at home. We are also indians, how could we be rude with our people????
Persons, nice and polite as you are, makes everything very simple.
I hope for you all the best and we wait your return in Florence and in Haveli as soon as possible.
Best regards.

• Arabic first
“A treat for the palate”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Everything that I ordered was very well prepared. The samosas were very delicious, although I was disappointed with the size. I think they were prepared with a dash of asafoetida, which gave it a very distinct flavor. I love butter chicken prepared with extra green chillies, and I asked the hotel staff to prepare it that way. I loved the outcome.... yummy... The mango lassi was quite thick and tasty.

• Visited April 2014
I'am very happy that you appreciated all our dishes! The samosas are prepared with ajwain seed this is one of the reasons of the distinct flavour.
I'am proud that you asked to your hotel to prepare butter chicken as we do and that you write that our mango lassi was thick and tasty.
We always do the best for our guests and when this is appreciated we are the happiest persons in the world.
I wait for you again in Haveli with a lot of others dishes to try!
Indianapolis
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great food- I got the tikka masala and loved it! Cozy atmosphere in the outdoor courtyard in the back.

Visited April 2014
Thanks a lot for your review I'm very happy that your experience in Haveli was so good.
Tikka masala was one of the favourite plates of our chef Cati.
I wait for you again as soon as possible in Florence and in Haveli.
Rubel Kaur
“great food and excellent hospitality”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

excellent resturant, very conveniently located. we went there for dinner, the food was really flavourful, and authentic; will definitely visit again. The staff was friendly and flexible with our requirements for spices. Gosht biryani, and murg makhan was to die for. we had rice pudding for desert, and that was excellent too. would love to go back.

MN
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had read plenty of positive reviews about this restaurant on the Tripadvisor website and wanted to try it out. The biggest issue we had with this place was the unwelcoming attitude, and, it appears to be directed at the Indian customers. They appeared to be extra friendly and charming with the locals but all we got was a cold shoulder......The service is poor, nobody came to ask us if the food was OK or if we needed anything else. The food is greasy, portions are small and the taste is just average. We were extremely disappointed with this restaurant and will not return here or even recommend to others.

• Visited April 2014
Excuse me we are so sorry that your experience in Haveli wasn't good. Maybe someone of our staff in this night wasn't in a good mood but this shouldn't happen.
We are extra friendly with all our guests not only with locals and we are indian how could we be rude with our people?
Excuse me again and if you decide to come back, your dinner is on the house!