“Good steak! But not 5 stars in my book”

All'Antico Ristoro di Cambi
Reserve with
All'Antico Ristoro di Cambi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #313 of 2,676 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
London, United Kingdom
“Good steak! But not 5 stars in my book”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Saw this place on Rick Steves tour of Venice lol. Decided to go, as we were looking for a break from pasta and pizza. Place seems to have a fairly large local presence, though fair amount of tourists too. Service is friendly and they speak English, though menu was in Italian only. I gather their speciality is meat, and specifically their steak. You buy the steak by weight - they have pre sliced slabs in the 1kg range that are designed for two people. They brought the piece over to us and asked if it was ok, also letting us know the exact weight. They cook the steak one way - relatively rare. It is not heavily spiced just a bit of salt, and I think the idea is that the meat should speak for itself. Overall, I thought the taste was good, though not among the best steaks I have ever had, though I am particular about steak. Price for steak is 40 euro per kilo. Had the prosciutto and mozzarella appetizer as well. Hard to go wrong with that anywhere in Italy. Dessert was a piece of chocolate cake; seemed microwaved to be honest.

Overall, I would recommend, but not quite as good as Rick Steves had led me to believe.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
ohio
“Very Good Bistecca!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our table had the tuscan crostini, salumi plate, chianina beef ragu, and the bistecca with beans. Everything was top notch. The bistecca was incredibly tender and had a wonderful taste.

Rome, Italy
“Amazing fiorentina!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Fegatini Toscani and Fiorentina are incredibly good. The place is noisy but the waiters are very friendly and super fast.
Love the Tignanello vine glass too!!

Newport Beach, California
“Great steak!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We have been eating so much pasta and pizza as we have spent so much one in Italy! I am excited to be eating italian food but I was so pleased when we came here to get some great steak! It was a welcomed departure from the carbo load that Italy is! The steak was cooked to perfection and had a modest yet perfect taste! The chicken was also very good! The waiter was a bit short and never really waited until our order was complete before he left the table.. but hey... could have been an off night for him! The restaurant is also a great find because it is away from all of the tourists! The steak was 20 euro!

Toronto, Canada
“Fairly inexpensive, and the best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Listen up, Americans. Our steak is good, but for a real experience have a bistecca chianina. It's expensive, but it's so darn good. Go here. My Italian friend took me since he remembered a good meal from several years back. Glad he did!

(Actually my "fairly inexpensive" is based on my guess from the menu. Naturally, my friends, being Italian, insisted on paying for everything.)