“Fantastic family run shop!”
Review of L'Arte dei Ciompi

L'Arte dei Ciompi
Ranked #24 of 374 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A small shop filled with handmade wonders. Original gift items and prestige. Love for the traditional handicrafts of Florence lives in special gifts in leather, wood and paper. Thanks to the ancient handicraft secrets transmitted for generations, we keep alive the traditions and passions of the past.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Loved browsing around this little shop. Everything is handmade. Alot of beautiful leather journals & other unique items. Met daughter & wife of the gentleman who makes the items. Friendly & excellent service. Excellent packaging. I will always cherish my journal from this shop.

1  Thank KathyT427
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thanks Kathyin on behalf of all , you're welcome to your return Firenze

in 12 reviews
"leather"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I was happy to find this amazing little shop very close to the Duomo (and amongst the other typical tourist shops). Family-run, everything here is handmade so you're guaranteed that your souvenirs are "Made in Italy". Beautiful, unique items! And Sara was so lovely & friendly, thank you! :-) Would definitely visit again & highly recommended.

1  Thank Irene M
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Thanks for your testimony
refer willingly Sara your greetings and appreciations
waiting you welcome in the next visit in Florence

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Everyone in a while ee find a shop that:

1) you want one of everything
2) are charmed by the shopkeeper
3) are blown way by the level of detailed customer service (right down to the way things are wrapped and bagged - exquisite!)

That happened for ourselves during our recent visit to Florence and we are excited to have beautiful handmade authentic gifts to give to our family and friends when we return home. We found L'arte dei Ciompi completely by accident, but you who are reading this review should do yourself a favor and make it priority to visit and buy many of the lovely objects in this small but we'll appointed store...the more you look the more you see! The more you see the more you want!

1  Thank artandbrianandgene
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thanks sincerely thank you from all of us to your satisfaction

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Italy with a friend in July 2015 and have not been able to get this place off my mind. We browsed for what seemed forever. I couldn't get enough and I cannot wait to return! We happened upon this place as I wanted a unique gift for my son. I purchased a set of hand-crafted playing cards with medieval characters on them. They are beautiful! He won't even open them though! I so wish I had purchased a set for me. But I will take care of that when we return.

1  Thank Amy W

We are glad that you enjoyed our work.
We are waiting with cordiality the next time you visit florence

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I was walking the beautiful streets of Florence recently when I stumbled upon this amazing store. I spoke with Mario's wife and she informed me that her husband handmade most things in the store. He is a true artisan and it is impossible not to appreciate the love and passion that goes into every piece. Thank you for doing what you do and I look forward to my next visit. If you are an artist you must visit this shop and say 'Ciao'.

Marco M, Owner at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Great review, thanks.
You are welcome in the next visit to Florence.
Follow us on FB page for news.
Ciao.