“Charming and unique gifts!”
Review of L'Arte dei Ciompi

L'Arte dei Ciompi
Ranked #25 of 373 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A small shop filled with handmade wonders. Original gift items and prestige. Love for the traditional handicrafts of Florence lives in special gifts in leather, wood and paper. Thanks to the ancient handicraft secrets transmitted for generations, we keep alive the traditions and passions of the past.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I actually sought this store out when the Air BnB we were staying in in Florence had one of their items on display. It was a wooden cutout of those little vintage puppet theaters, and was so cool I knew I had to have one! This store is located not far from the Duomo, and is so charming. They have all kinds of unique items that we picked up for gifts and for our own souvenirs- so different than anything else you might find. Everything is handmade, and the owner's daughter explained to us how her father made many of the items. Most of them are a work of art! I highly recommend this shop if you are looking for something truly special to bring home from your trip!

Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thank you ! We are very happy to have given satisfaction
I did not know that our work was exhibited in accommodation, tell us, please, where was your B & B, I would like to thank them
You are welcome to your next visit in Florence

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"leather"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Loved browsing around this little shop. Everything is handmade. Alot of beautiful leather journals & other unique items. Met daughter & wife of the gentleman who makes the items. Friendly & excellent service. Excellent packaging. I will always cherish my journal from this shop.

1  Thank KathyT427
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thanks Kathyin on behalf of all , you're welcome to your return Firenze

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I was happy to find this amazing little shop very close to the Duomo (and amongst the other typical tourist shops). Family-run, everything here is handmade so you're guaranteed that your souvenirs are "Made in Italy". Beautiful, unique items! And Sara was so lovely & friendly, thank you! :-) Would definitely visit again & highly recommended.

1  Thank Irene M
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Thanks for your testimony
refer willingly Sara your greetings and appreciations
waiting you welcome in the next visit in Florence

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Everyone in a while ee find a shop that:

1) you want one of everything
2) are charmed by the shopkeeper
3) are blown way by the level of detailed customer service (right down to the way things are wrapped and bagged - exquisite!)

That happened for ourselves during our recent visit to Florence and we are excited to have beautiful handmade authentic gifts to give to our family and friends when we return home. We found L'arte dei Ciompi completely by accident, but you who are reading this review should do yourself a favor and make it priority to visit and buy many of the lovely objects in this small but we'll appointed store...the more you look the more you see! The more you see the more you want!

1  Thank artandbrianandgene
Marco M, Proprietario at L'Arte dei Ciompi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thanks sincerely thank you from all of us to your satisfaction

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Italy with a friend in July 2015 and have not been able to get this place off my mind. We browsed for what seemed forever. I couldn't get enough and I cannot wait to return! We happened upon this place as I wanted a unique gift for my son. I purchased a set of hand-crafted playing cards with medieval characters on them. They are beautiful! He won't even open them though! I so wish I had purchased a set for me. But I will take care of that when we return.

1  Thank Amy W

We are glad that you enjoyed our work.
We are waiting with cordiality the next time you visit florence