“Very fun drinking establishment”
Review of Eby's

Eby's
Ranked #227 of 2,754 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Toledo, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very fun drinking establishment”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Eby's is a very fun and unique place - w did not eat there just spent some time in the bar. The owner looks like Albert Einstein. He is an artist when it comes to making shots. My wife and I were in Florence visiting our daughter. We stumbled upon this place by chance one night and had so much fun we came back the next night with a group of our daughter's friends. Since they were all students I got to provide a scholarship for all of them at the bar - it was money well spent. Among the group we sampled about 6 types of Eby's shots. It is as much fun to watch him make and serve the drinks as it is to drink them. Next time I am in Florence I will be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MSM6453

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, prices and service.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were a bit lost so came across Eby's by accident, but were glad we did! Their food was great, prices were good and their service was very friendly. We were there for a late lunch, so it wasn't busy at the time and our food came super fast as well. It was a nice break in the day!

• Visited September 2013
vicenza
“A genius mixture of fruit and liquor.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Located in close proximity to the city center ebys is one of my favorite bars. They offer a very unique selection of shots and drinks all with different combinations of fruit. Iv only experienced this bar at night which I deeply regret because it holds a high reputation for all hours. I'm most familiar with the fruit shots which are served by a man resembling Albert Einstein. I don't know who this man is but he is a master of his craft. I recommend the "eby's shot". 5 of 5

• Visited June 2013
Florence, Italy
“Excellent Latin Food & Drinks”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Such a wide variety of Latin food that all tastes so great, especially the empanadas! They also have a huge selection of alcohols from Latin countries that you just won't find anywhere else. It's also extremely affordable!

Boston, Massachusetts
“A unique atmosphere!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place is truly unique. They serve Latin inspired dishes from tacos to empanadas. If you are in Eby's you are definitely not there for the food. We have dined here a lot and while it's not amazing it's not bad either. It's okay. What you must come here for are drinks. They make fresh squeezed blended drinks (non alcoholic) as well as alcoholic concoctions of every kind.

Their blended drinks are amazing. They have a diverse menu of these including smoothies and simple blends of freshly squeezed juices.

They pride themselves in housing a large selection of rums from all over the world. They have rare rums from Nicaragua which can't be found elsewhere in Italy. They list each country the rums come from which makes deciding what you will have that much more fun.

When you finally do decide and order your mixed concoction of choice it will be prepared by a man whom I affectionately refer to as Einstein's twin brother. He is the master mixer. He will prepare your drink with delight and serve it with a loud noise he continues to make until you have finished your drink. Why does he do this? I have no idea but it adds to the ambiance of this bar. For that alone, I recommend you visit Eby's.

The prices aren't exuberant. Last time I was here my boyfriend and I had an appetizer, two entrees, two mixed drinks, and one shot each and paid less than 40 euros. They only have two tables inside and three or four outside. The outside tables are on the sidewalk on a very busy part of town. This is one of the few places where I prefer dining indoors.

Visited August 2013