“Outstanding in every way”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #10 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The Four Seasons, Florence personifies the concept of absolute luxury. Take one Gherardesca Palazzo, add one of the most beautiful gardens in the city, and combine with a converted former convent and you end up with what is simply the finest hotel in one of Europe's most exciting cities. If you are planning a trip to Florence and budget is not an issue, be sure to stay in this oasis of tranquility and grand luxe.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Will-WBi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel is breathtaking. The gardens are so beautiful and surprising to find in the city. I can't rave enough about the charm of this hotel and the service. When ever my husband and I travel we always look to see if there is a four seasons. You can always count on them. They certainly didn't disappoint. When we arrived we found a bottle of champagne, fruit, chocolate cake and a hand written note. They don't miss a beat. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Had the pleasure of staying at this incredible property in July. We had two rooms; a FS Suite and Connecting Room in the Il Conventino Building with a park view. I did make several calls and emails to determine what the best room configuration would be for us and they were most helpful in suggesting different options and making it clear which floor and view we would have. We did upgrade to ensure we enjoyed the rooms. Just an amazing stay in every possible way. Especially after traveling throughout Europe, we really appreciated the quality and service the Four Seasons offered. A splurge, yes, but totally worth it! Would definitely go again. Spectacular!

Room Tip: Do call or email the hotel to ask for help in choosing a room if you want to ensure the best locatio...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

All the fantastic things you have heard or read about this hotel is true!!! The hotel and the big garden are exceptionally beautiful. What makes it outstanding though, is the highest levels of service. All the staff was fantastic, but Mario at the Convento deserves special mention. Sweet, funny, personable and yet very proffessional! My partner commented that she had the feeling that every single one of the staff was genuinly happy and thrilled to see us and took personal interest in our well being. That is probably the ultimate sign of great service! Will be back for more!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I just come back from four season florence with a bad taste.is far away the best hotel .the only thing what i like It there It Was the spa and the rooms.me and my husband we ask to a big feat blond lady what seems to be the supervisor ,some information and she treat me awful she had no respect for the guests.i will never go back there.M.s

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Hamillt
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Further to your post and your recent stay at our Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, let me express my most sincere apologies.

I am deeply sorry to read that you did not have a positive experience and I kindly invite you to contact me personally, in order to give me some more details of the negative incidents that have occurred.

Our guests' feedback is in fact an excellent mean for us to improve our level of service.

Despite this, I am happy that you liked our Rooms and Spa.

Looking forward to receiving your e-mail and take internal corrective actions, I send you my best personal regards.

Patrizio Cipollini

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Overall it was a good experience. I spent about 800 Euro a night but for that price I m not sure if that was the best hotel stay in my life. Yes like everyone said in the review, you feel like you are a pricess or prince in a beautiful building where you feel hundreds of years of history yet well maintained decorations and stucture inside the room. The floor has a very high ceiling and you u would not hear much noise from outside probably because it s in the middle of private garden. Unfortunately although I asked before checking in, a room facing a garden not another building, however I didnt have a choice. (As I stayed there alone I asked for a smaller room but unfortunately very few has a room facing a garden and the sun does not come in to the smaller room. So I d definitely choose a bigger room for the extra 100 euro a night.) And it took me almost 1 hour to settle in, it was a bit frustrating and i wished they told me what they re offering me more in advance. I found the room was nice but lacks modern amenity a bit. You find only 2 plugs you can use for your electric stuff. If you have iphone and ipad that s about it and somewhat not ready for a business use. The gym was good - nice and well equipped. The service quality was not bad at all but one thing I noticed it is that they dont try to do much more than what s been asked for. (or my expectations are too high..? )

Room Tip: The smallest room would be depressing facing another window.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank QualityMattersMost
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I wrote a rather negative review about this hotel back in 2009 on tripadvisor. Back then, I had found that the level of service was totally lacking, as it was both disorganized and uncaring of one's needs. Not at all would be expected from a FourSeasons establishement. But after reading endless glowing reviews by overwhelmed travellers, my wife and I decided it was high time to give it another try.

Well I am pleased to report that the service is now on par with the palatial setting. Indeed this FourSeasons could now well be one of the very finest hotel in Itlay, maybe even Europe..
I always feel that to sojourn in a place of this caliber sould be an experience in itself, almost justifying the journey itself. And there is so much to do and see in Florence, but it always is such a joy to return to the FS, after a long day, feeling that you are stepping into yet another museum, but this time to settle in for the night.
One could easly get a neck ache with the many frescos and decorated ceilings in the corridors, and in some of the bedrooms even, everywhere fine art pieces and antique furnishing are in abundance.

The inner garden is a hidden oasis, far from the bustle of the city, where impecable service is always a discreet hand wave away, for a pre or post dinner coctail, or maybe both.

The only negative point , and that's not even really the hotel's fault, is that the beautiful swimming pool area is somewhat taken over by the many children on holiday with their parents, making it difficult to swim or relax. The adjoining spa however is magnificient, with treatments of the highest possible standard on offer.

So all is now well at the FS, only the prices remain sky-high, unsurprisingly; it seems to be the only way to ensure hotel perfection. Though even here some prices can still be a little surprising. Two examples come to mind; to have a single shirt laudered will cost 20 euros, and the hotel car-park is 50 euros a day, plus the car will be returned absolutely filthy, as it has been parked outside in the hotel's tree filled grounds for the whole stay.

But this is the sort of place where one quickly stops counting all but ones blessings to be in such a special place. I would not hesitate to go back on the next trip to Florence.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple