“Beautiful hotel with impeccable service!”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #10 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We love love love this beautiful hotel. The christmas decoration is so beautiful and the ambience is just amazing. The staff are so helpful, polite, and insightful. They anticipate your needs and you almost do not need to lift a finger or worry where is the best restaurant for your palate. Overall ylu have the modern taste infuse with renaissance culture. Big thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank SFTan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Only took 5 years to return to Florence and finally an opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons. Everything I would say has been covered by other reviewers but just to note that after five years the standards are the same as the first time we visited although we did not stay over (dinner only). Beautiful guestrooms, lobby, bar and incredible grounds in the middle of Florence. It was the staff however that made the visit so memorable. The entire team was gracious, friendly, no request too big or too small. Nichola at breakfast was tremendous each day and special thanks to the front desk who coordinated our transfer to Bologna (a very early morning start) and who had breakfast (coffee, juice, croissants, fruit) ready to go for the trip.

Such great memories.... thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Salthillhalli
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Everything was PERFECTO ! It's not a hotel it's a palace! The rooms were outstanding and the food was amazing. I'm not sure how much better they could do anything! If your looking for a great place with five star service and amenities that is the place to go.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JLane24
Reviewed 28 December 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, I was a bit surprised by the location in that it was a bit isolated. However, walking into the hotel simply took my breath away. Every nook of the hotel was decorated for the holidays and whoever designs for the hotel deserves a HUGE raise.

The room was very large, clean, comfortable and quite. The hotel was pretty empty this time of the year so it almost felt like I had the place to myself.

Took a tour of the spa and gym which rival any spa I have every been to. Because it was a short stay, I didn't book any spa treatments (big mistake on my part) but I did get a polish change. This was without question the most relaxing and pleasant nail color change I have ever had and will likely ever have. They place you on a table, position your legs so they are propped up and comfortable, play relaxing music and have amazing scented candles. The polish change took about 30 minutes which included some filing, massage, nail shaping and polish. They then leave you to relax in the relaxation room for as long as you need. Honestly, it may be a bit pricey for the massage but if the polish change is the barometer, then a massage is certainly going to be worth it.

The downside.... While the hotel and amenities are amazing, the location of the hotel to city centre was a bit far. They do offer a shuttle but I never saw the shuttle in action. Taxis took 5-10 min to arrive. The streets to city centre are very narrow and not well lit if walking at night. I honestly felt the walk balk to the hotel (15 min) might be a bit dangerous.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if staying May-Oct where you could really enjoy the pool and lush grounds.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank CP2006
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have stayed in many Four Seasons properties, typically for business, but the Florence property was unique. Set in an old mansion, it is beautifully maintained and has access to a private garden that is very large and ideal for contemplative strolls after a day of touring and before dinner. Although the location was a bit of a walk from the town center, we appreciated getting away from the touristic hordes near the Duomo and felt almost as if we lived in Florence as we strolled through the residential neighborhood to reach our hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HMMIII
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is a hotel that simply gets it right. There's a warm efficiency about the staff and how they welcome guests. The room we had was beautiful and the staff went out of their way to make our honeymoon stay truly memorable - the rose petals on the bed and the wonderful poem written on the bathroom mirror were great touches. The Xmas decorations were being assembled when we arrived and we watched with wonder as the hotel lobby and lounge transformed themselves into a winter wonderland. This hotel also has one of the best hotel gyms we have ever experienced - purpose built and huge it feels like an Equinox club. As most travelers know this is very rare when traveling in Europe. This is a hotel that truly deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smelltheroses61
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Before we went, I was told that this was the best Four Seasons in Europe. After our stay, I was sure of it. It must be my favourite city hotel in the world.

My wife and I stayed in one of the larger rooms / suites. It was exquisitely furnished and I loved throwing open the curtains and shutters for the delightful view over the gardens each morning.

The gardens are the largest private gardens in Florence and are one of the hotel's best features. Strolling around them, relaxing on a bench or chilling out around the outdoor pool, this is an oasis of calm in the middle of a busy city. Yet step outside the front door and the wonderful charm of Florence is right there. Major sights like the Duomo are a short walk away.

The service was impeccable. The concierge in particular was very helpful in advising and arranging restaurants. Trust him - we are foodies are were very pleased with his recommendations. We didn't try the restaurant on the hotel so cannot comment on that.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay in a magical city. The best hotel in Florence? Without a doubt.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple