“Staff Treats You Like Royalty”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #9 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed a week in this fine hotel with a resort feeling. The staff is highly trained and professional with a genuine concern that you are enjoying your stay with them. We had the concierge team book all of our tickets for galleries, our driver to the Chianti region, transportation from airport, etc. which made it so easy for us to just relax and have everything taken care of. I can not say enough about the wonderful food, spa, and hotel staff so I will let you read the other reviews.
This exquisite hotel will be up there with the top hotels we have stayed in and hope to go back again soon as it had a resort feel to it, was walking distance to sights, and not as "stuffy" as the higher priced hotels near the river. No surprise that it gets five stars…..always.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and include daily breakfast as the garden seating outdoors is amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GailySanDiego
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Firenze

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Iam not your typical Four Seasons guest and in Florence I would have normally chosen the Torre Del Bellosquardo for authentic atmosphere and a pool ( a pool is a must in summer in Florence...its so hot you think you are going to die!) But I wanted to be in " centro", I wanted a treat and most importantly wanted a pool! This is the one of the best pools in any hotel in Europe.To be in that fabulous garden in the middle of Florence is unique!!!
The Palazzo della Gherardesca is simply special extraordinary property that the Four Seasons have made into a wonderful glamorous hotel...The staff are CHARMING...they could have charmed the birds out of the trees.We were spoilt and treated so generously. I LOVED IT!!
Our bedroom was lovely and the beds were wonderful and it was all done really well ,though not particularly inspired decorating.
There is some criticism from the locals that the architects should have maintained the original or referred to the original and typical flooring of a Florentine Palazzo, which would have been terracotta and wood,...and that it was too glitzy with the marble...but it didn't worry me. I thought the interior decorating was charming and individual enough and not a typical Four Seasons job.It had a bit of style and charm and was suitably grand but comfortable.
The flowers everywhere were SENSATIONAL.What a treat.!! I saw lucky people getting amazing arrangements sent to their bedrooms!!
I especially loved the hotel bus that took us right into the shopping area. Make sure you are in the main hotel.I wold have been very sad if I had been put into the annex.
It was huge fun while we were staying as it was Pitti Uomo and the hotel was filled with fashionistas, the editor of Italian Vogue..it was a scene!!
It couldn't have been a more special hotel to retreat to ..as Florence is an unyielding city and one needs a breather in the cool of this wonderful historic garden with this sensation pool...and in this extraordinary Palazzo.

3  Thank Serena C
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I spent a week here and had a wonderful experience!
The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. The service, well you cannot possibly find better service and a more caring and friendly staff.
Make sure you eat on property the cuisine is amazing!!! I will be back next year!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am not a particular fan of Four Seasons Hotels as they are often too standardized, albeit at a high level, without enough sense of place and they like to treat each guest with the same trained "fake smile" service, instead of a certain "meritocracy". Friends recommended to try the Four Seasons Firenze, as it would be something really special - and finally we did and they were so right: this is without a doubt one of the absolute top luxury hotels in the world. Worth an overseas trip just for the hotel itself, never mind Florence. The interior design is palatially grand, with ecclectic mixes, hints of Asian, lots of Etruscan and overwhelmingly floral, truly warm and sophisticated and not out of the usual FS mould. If FS would just employ that same designer in Istanbul, or so many other FS locations ... The true gem of the hotel is the pool area which plays in the same league as the Ciragan Palace in Istanbul or formerly the La Mamounia in Marrakech. The surrounding gardens with their art sculptures are world class as well, even though there can be a little bit of noise from the highway. Service was faultless and very friendly overall, with only a slight Italian negligence at the valet. This property can hardly be compared with any other, in particular not in Florence. It is in a league of its own. However, if someone wants to spend more time walking along the Arno, inhale the old town, self-carry many luxury shopping bags, or do several fitting sessions at the tailor, there may be one local alternative (just because of the central location and a similarly high-end clientele / price tag): the Hotel Lungarno. But in the end, the Four Seasons still comes out on top, as it is also nice to flee from the terrible tourist crowds in town, and maybe a combination stay of these two hotels would be the best of all worlds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TrophyCollector
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed four nights. We loved useing the pool for an entire day and having alfresco lunch in our bathers with wonderful frozen mango margaritas. Breakfast is expensive here but can you place a price on the best jam you'll ever eat....pumpkin and almond! They could tell I wasn't enjoying my coffee so they remade it to my satisfaction. They also posted my postcards at no charge...
I loved seeing all of the events that the incredible reception area hosts due to the unbelievable decor and frescos, ladies in long gowns and jewels, at lunch time too. I would say this is my second favourite hotel after the Kepinkski in Istanbul ....the staff here make this hotel soar to the realm of special. Oh and the best food I've ever eaten

1  Thank MrsWorldly
Reviewed 15 June 2014

When we got home from Italy, I asked my husband what he would have done differently. He said he would have stayed in the Four Seasons every night. (Our other nights were in Rome and Venice.)

This hotel is divine. The service is perfect. (We had wonderful waiters for breakfast each morning.) I loved the 24 hour concierge desk—great for making tomorrow's plans when coming home from a late dinner. The fitness center is so great, and eases the guilt of eating all of that fabulous Italian food. The rooms are spacious and comfortable —everything you would expect at a Four Seasons. We were traveling with my mom and niece and had requested a connecting room if possible. The connecting room was perfect. The grounds are gorgeous—wish we had more time to just hang out.

I had fretted about this reservation. Would I be disappointed? Would the rooms be too small? Was the expense worth it? My fretting was for naught—it was probably the nicest, least disappointing place I have ever stayed. I hope we can go back one day.

PS—We walked, with my 75 yo mother, into town every day. It is not too far. Probably 10-15 minutes to the Duomo, max.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cathleenmarie
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Four Seasons Florence in early June with my 7-year old daughter as part of a 'girls european getaway'. I don't know how they do it, but this Four Seasons has some of the best staff we have been lucky enough to meet. You expect excellent service at any FS hotel, but the staff here have kicked the high FS standard up several notches. It's all about the people and their interactions with the guests and I commend the GM for having his staff trained so well.

From the moment we were picked up by the FS driver at the airport, to the bellmen, the very thorough assistant who did our check-in process during which time we were introduced to everyone we could possibly need to call upon during our stay, the room service, and the housekeeping staff, everyone treated us like we were royalty. Traveling with a child, the little ones receive fabulous welcome amenities, which my daughter has grown accustomed to receiving as a 'seasoned' guest. While this property didn't provide daily children's amenities like we were spoiled with at the FSHK, everything else about the hotel more than made up for this. At your leisure you can take in fabulous frescos, sculptures, and architecture from the 15th century without leaving this hotel. After enduring the crowds in the city center, coming back to the hotel was a godsend.

True, the hotel isn't in the city center, but if you like to be able to sleep in quiet bliss without church bells echoing every hour, a little distance might be a good thing! Besides, the 10 minute walk back from the Duomo helped work off all the gelato we were consuming. If you can't manage to wrap your head around the extra walk, the FS also has a shuttle service every half hour or so which drops off/picks up at via Tornabuoni in the city center. Parents, my daughter had no problem walking all day long around the city and museums and back to the hotel, too. In addition to the pool and hot tub, in the expansive and beautiful gardens, there is a great, shady playground with swings, slides, climbing area, and play house.

I booked the 'Full Time Mom' treatment in the spa suite which was fabulous and allowed both me and my daughter to be in the same treatment room...I wouldn't have been able to enjoy a spa treatment if this service wasn't offered. The aestheticians were great, especially my daughter's technician, who was very gentle and patient with the giggling during her chocolate hug and massage treatment.

Lastly, I have to talk about the food. We had daily breakfast at the hotel and tried all the restaurants and in-room dining and loved every bite. They even packed us a container of pastries to take with us when we had an early morning tour. For dinner each night, we also ate on property and dined at all restaurants, too, including at Al Fresco which has delicious pizzas. Our last night, we spent an evening of indulgence at the Michelin starred Il Palagio. The service here was excellent, they were very sensitive to my daughter's picky eating, brought her a specially made amuse bouche and I'm sure they would have created anything she could have imagined if she had asked. Thankfully, she enjoyed her meal as much as I did (I had the tasting menu) and the highlight of her evening were the desserts and meeting Chef Vito.

A week later, we returned to the hotel for afternoon tea on our way to the airport. The bellman opened our taxi door and greeted us by name. We will certainly remember our time at the Four Seasons Florence and at that moment, apparently they remembered us, too!

Room Tip: We loved our very quiet suite on the 2nd floor which overlooked the gardens.
1  Thank sashak808