2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Booking.comUS$142
Hotels.comUS$119
getaroom.comUS$113
All reviews train station rooms are modern complimentary breakfast enjoyed our stay spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This Hotel was in a great situation being right next to the train station and just ten to fifteen minutes walk from the major sites of Florence.
Hence, it was just perfect for a city break
Add to this the very helpful staff and an excellent break and you just cannot go wrong when visiting Florence.
Just up the road there is an excellent 'trattoria'......namely the restaurant Cucina Tipica Florence, where you can eat cheaply and well.
The hotel also has a steam room, sauna and small plunge for the use of guests.
This hotel is also very clean and the rooms are spacious and well ordered.
On a City break to Florence I would highly recommend the MH Florence Hotel.

3  Thank frankjorduk
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The hotel is a few minutes walk from Santa Maria Novella station and only fifteen minutes from the Duomo. The room was bright and modern with everything needed and very clean. Facing to the rear of the hotel it was also very quiet. The reception staff were very helpful and were able to book the Uffizi and a walking tour for us. An excellent breakfast with attentive waiters.

1  Thank Lawrence D
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The hotel was clean, bright, and modern. The breakfast (included with my reservation) was delicious, with a lot of variety. Making my own pancakes was particularly fun.

The hotel is a short walk from the train station, IF you head the right way. Google maps directed us the wrong way. Florence is majorly under construction right now (fall 2017), including directly in front of this hotel. A snooty desk clerk (the only hotel employee I had any issue with) was very dismissive of my comment about having a hard time walking to the hotel. Apparently I should have known not to rely on Google maps. Aside from him the desk staff were friendly and helpful.

A few notes - it was very hot in our room and I never could figure out how to turn down the heat (or turn it off). Every time I tried, when I checked later it was back on or up. In hindsight I should have asked about that the first day. Also, the lock on our bathroom door did not work. We did not ask about it, as the door did close, just not lock.

The spa is nothing to write home about. (I only used the included services, I did not book a massage or other service.) There is no hot tub, the one item I was looking forward to using. Although the desk clerk made a big deal about my needing an appointment to use the spa, the one time I made an appointment two other women came in and parked themselves in the sauna so I didn't even get to try that.

I would book here again, as the hotel was clean, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast delicious. It was easy to walk wherever we wanted to visit.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank allaboutfrodo
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Really enjoyed my experience here. The room we stayed in was modern, clean, and big. It's close enough to bus stops and the train station to make transportation super easy. Walking anywhere from here never took longer than 20 minutes. Made use of the spa too - which you can use without booking a massage! Would definitely come back.

Room tip: views, spa
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Had no complaints about this hotel until I had to check out a day early due to my flight being cancelled. Despite a request from the tour operator I booked through they refused to refund me the day I had lost. When I emailed them directly they haven’t even had the courtesy to reply. This is appalling service from a 4 star hotel, even a small gesture of goodwill would have been appreciated but not even a reply!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jannieg23