“Quite a delightful find.”
Review of Corte dei Medici

Corte dei Medici
Ranked #61 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Charleville, Australia
“Quite a delightful find.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Looking past the unassuming entry due to renovations, you are confronted with quite a delightful find. Located centrally the hotel has welcoming, and the staff very helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. At breakfast, a lovely continental range of food was presented. Wi-Fi can be tricky but with the renovations happening hopefully this will improve. You could sit in the lobby and access connections reasonably well. We enjoyed our stay in Florence and are happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
cortedeimedici, Front office manager at Corte dei Medici, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Judy,
thank you by all the staff for your review,
The hotel entrance at the moment is not so attractive I know, but as you said we are working to renovate it it is just a matter of time.
We had some troubles with the Wifi but now everything has been fixed, the connection works in all our rooms.
Thank you again for recomending hotel Corte dei Medici.
Chiara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a great surprise!
I recently stayed at the hotel with a group of 20 people. I chose it for the location. It was a short distance from the train station. When I arrived and took a look at he front I almost passed out. Then name was falling off the wall. I was buzzed in and entered a dingy hallway and found a sign that that indicated that the lobby was on the third floor. I left my group in the hallway as I made my way upstairs. The hotel is under renovation and all the rooms were newly remodeled. The only negative for me was that the bed was a bit hard (probably new and needs to be broken in) The staff was very welcoming and very helpful. The breakfast was very good. The location was great and the other great surprise was the food on the upper floor of the Mercato Centrale around thecorner. It was fresh and delicious. Most of the restaurant there are self serve. The fish was delicious. Hint - the Pizza place and the restaurant across the way have seating on the upper level with table service. We had one lunch and one dinner there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rosalba,
thank you so much for your kind commentary from all the staff.
At the end of renovation works will be easier to find the hotel entrance, we are working to improve the comforts and the service quality.
We are in very good position to visit the city and there are a lots of bar and restaurants nearby.
We hope to host you again.
Best wishes
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed there for a week.
The buildings of Florence in general are pretty narrow, so expect tiny and stairs for almost every hotels.
The lobby is on the third floor. I honestly did not find hotels lobby on a ground floor ! except the five stars ones...
Loction is very central, right in Florence old city center, so convenient to visit around.
My room was very quiet.
Staff are nice in general. Sadly when i arrived I had a new staff who could not speak any good English so , the whole communication was painfull. And, on top of that, i ask directions to gain time and avoid being lost, well she gave me total wrong directions and end up being lost!...
The breakfast is very basic, and every single morning the same. It could seriously change.

In general i was , for the price , expecting better. ( at least bottles of water in the room, kettle...)
But honestly after seing different places in Florence they are all kind of the same. Expensive , not too bad but quite basic.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yufei m
Dear Yufei,
thank you for your feed back.
The position of the hall is only a temporary solution due to renovation works, after it reception will be at the ground floor.
I apologize for the new employee, she is still a bit 'clumsy but she will improve.
I am sorry that you didn't like our breakfast, sincerely i have never found an hotel where breakfast changes every day, and our selection is quite rich in comparison to the same level's hotels. We change the products according to the season even if not every day. But I can't judge your tastes of course.
We usually put a bottle of water in every room, I guess that the cleaning staff forgot yours, i apologize again, but Have you tried to ask at reception desk? It would have been a pleasure for us to solve the problem immediately.
coventry, england
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned from 3 nights here. It was our wedding anniversary on the day of arrival to be welcomed with flowers and wine in our room was perfect start.

As said many times the location cannot be beaten as everything is so close.

The staff were always available for any questions and always willing to oblige.

Stay here and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
cortedeimedici, Front office manager at Corte dei Medici, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,
thank you so much for your review.
it is a pleasure for me and all the staff knowing that you liked your stay at Hotel Corte dei Medici.
As you said the position of the hotel is perfect to visit Florence, but is the staff that make the difference between us and the other hotels of the San Lorenzo area!
I hope to welcome you again.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We chose this hotel for it's great location. We spent a week here. From our room we overlooked the Basilica di San Lorenzo and a bustling piazza with all types of goods. But at night they all left and the room was peaceful and quiet. The morning breakfast was well above average and the seating area also overlooked the piazza.

And then the staff!! I would rate them one of the best and friendliest staffs we have ever encountered. And we have spent well over a year traveling Europe. So kudos to the staff. We will return to Florence and we will stay here again.

Note: While a short walk from the train station, you can get lost due to all the oddly arranged streets. However, that too was part of the charm. A map would be helpful to have.

Room Tip: We got a room facing the piazza, when we opened the large window (I mean huge) it was like we were p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike,
thank you so much for your feed back!
All the staff and I really appreciate your compliments, we love to cuddle our guest.
we have a few rooms looking over piazza San Lorenzo and I agree with you that view is gorgeous, even more now that the market stalls have been removed.
We look forward see you again.
brussels
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located right by the Basilica di San Lorenzo this 3-star hotel is about as central as it gets. You can walk everywhere from here. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfast is very good - far better than the overly sweet breakfasts you often get in small Italian hotels. The best thing about the hotel though is the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. When we wanted information about tourist attractions they went out of their way to call and find out what we needed to know. A generally good value hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gordon,
thank you from all the staff and me for your kind review.
We always make our best to help all our guest in everything they need, expecially if they are looking for informations on our wonderfull city!
I wish to welcome you again.

Best regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went there with my wife and it was a wonderful stay. The hotel staff helped us to guide the main attractions and with the train and bus timings to PISA.

Pros:
1. Near to Firenza SMN station (Walking 10 mins). Please refer the map at hotel website for walking directions else you may get lost. (Keep the hotel number handy and you can call them up for the directions)
2. Very nice, big, neat and clean rooms with European style furniture.
3. All main attractions are just a walk away. We even cam back to hotel to take some rest in afternoon and again went for sightseeing in evening.
4. Hotel staff is really helpful.
5. Nice breakfast with an amazing view of the dome.
6. Lot of pizzeria/gelataria nearby and a big leather market just down stairs.

Cons:
1. Lift is a bit small, but enough to carry one person and 3 luggage.
2. Breakfast is nice but variety is a bit less. (No eggs but was about to be started)
3. I had a room with balcony but it was kind of useless as the balcony opened up in back street.

We went for a day trip to PISA from here, tickets for PISA train are easily available at SMN station.
I would love to stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
cortedeimedici, Front office manager at Corte dei Medici, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest,
thank you so much from all the staff for your kind review.
We know how easy it is to get lost in Florence, for this reason we usually send a map with the directions to find us in attach to the booking confirmation.
We have added eggs , mozzarella and fresh tomatoes to breakfast menu, as you have suggested.
At the end of restoration works we will have a bigger lift.
I apologize for the balcony on a back street, the problem is that in Florence there are very strict rules and we can't add balconies on the face of the building because is on an historical square moreover protected by Unesco.
I hope to welcome you again in the future.