“Absolutely perfect!”

Ranked #74 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Loved the place. What a perfect retreat after a day of walking around. You really feel special sleeping in those amazing rooms. Loved waking up and looking at our own frescos. Good sleep quality as it's in a quiet location but perfectly close to everything else. 5 stars!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I am a very very picky guest!
I always look for hotels that are unusual and have charm beyond the standard cookie-cutter place: a boutique feel, and attention to detail. Usually, Tablet.com is a good reference for such places. The thing is, I was planning on spending 3 weeks in Florence so I had to watch what I was spending.

When I booked at Firenze Suite, I was a bit hesitant because it was surprisingly affordable, so I only booked a week. But it turned out to be an amazingly pleasant experience that I will not forget any time soon. Blerina and her family manage the residence impeccably. When I decided to stay longer, they upgraded me to a suite at no extra cost. The suite I spent most of my time in was exquisitely decorated. The high ceilings and the separate sitting room/kitchenette made me feel I had a whole apartment all to myself (which was not far off the truth!).
Everything was within a short walk and I felt like I was truly experiencing what it's like to live in Florence.
During my stay, my mother joined me for a few days and Blerina made sure we had an even larger room. When I realized the DVD player was not working, they replaced it in minutes.

I have to admit that in the end, it was hard to leave. I had felt absolutely at home. Firenze Suite was one of the highlights of my trip and I think it will always be an inseparable part of my memories of Florence.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SallyA82
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Room was huge! High ceilings, big bed, big TV. Shower and bathtub. Very clean. Breakfast consisted of buns and croissants, butter and jams, tea, coffee, milk, juice, yogurt, and biscuits. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Good location, and you can easily walk from the train or bus station to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel in June and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with some great artwork. Great location but off the beaten track a little with some wonderful local places to enjoy a leisurely lunch.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed in the Firenze Suite's family suite for 3 days in June. The suite was large and exactly as shown in the hotel photos. There was a loft with plenty of room for the 2 queen beds as well as a living area downstairs with a nook for the queen bed there. The room had doors which opened to a lovely courtyard, which was accessible to only 2 rooms. the weather was fabulous during our visit and I enjoyed sitting in the garden to read and relax. We were very pleased that the room had a large, new bathroom with a roomy shower. This was quite a bonus considering the size of some European showers!

The really great thing about this hotel was the staff. Both the managers/front desk staff we interacted with were beyond helpful . Not only did they offer to help us in myriad ways (making ticket reservations, etc), they did so in flawless English and with low key but exceedingly gracious attitudes. They went far beyond what would be expected to be normal good service. They even allowed us to use the hotel's washing machine - an extremely generous offer which helped us immensely as we were in the middle of a 3 week trip.

I was a bit unsure about the hotel's location when I booked, but it turned out to be very good. It was only a 5-10 minutes walk to the Duomo as well as to the Accademia and it was really nice to be able to retreat from the tourist filled streets.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Rover335
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

Firstly of all, actually it is not a typical hotel. It is a mix of a hotel and an apartment. The hotel staff are only there to help from 8am to 6pm but not the night. And they do not provide any catering service. Yet we appreciate it very very much. Just loved it. It is suitable for every type of guests: couples, family....
The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and comfortable with high ceiling with beautiful fresco. We enjoyed sleeping under the stars on the ceiling. The kitchenette is well equipped though we did not have time to cook. The free WiFi is perfect for us. It is in the corner of a quiet street but is perfectly safe even at night. Only one minor fault. We checked in late around 8:30pm. It was quite a mess but every problem was solved the next morning when the hotel staff was back. So do try to check in during their office hour. I would also like to thank the owner of the bar just around the corner. The food is good and the owner is very helpful when we had problem in check-in in the first night.
Lastly, I enjoyed talking with Petra very much and she would try her best to help in every aspect to make our stay in Firenze a perfect one. Thank you, Petra.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pigroHK
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

I have stayed at the Firenze Suites two times now. The first was in July of 2008, with my sister and her husband (no kids). This time my husband and I took our 4 children (ages 8-17) for the holidays and we met up with my sister and her family. The hotel is stunning. Brand new hotel in the heart of Florence. It is very small, maybe 8-10 rooms, and therefore seems more like your own place. The rooms all have their own character and design. A couple of rooms have doors that lead into an outdoor patio with frescoes, plants & ivy, and tables & chairs. The room we stayed in our last trip had a large (I think King) bed downstairs, a huge family room area, great bathroom and then spiral stairs leading to a loft. The upper level had two Queen size beds. Great for a large family or group. Our second trip that room wasn't available so we got two rooms. One for the children with two Queen beds and a sofa pull-out bed and my husband and I had a gorgeous room with a King. The ceilings are all hand-painted with frescoes. The color palate has a very inviting feel to it. The staff is helpful, but their hours are limited. They waited up for us late one night as we came down from Venice. Each of the rooms has a mini-kitchen with a fridge, microwave and all the dishes and cooking things you might need to make a full meal. There is not a restaurant, but a nearby cafe with fresh bakery items for the morning. The location is the best. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the Duomo and baptistery, Maybe 3 minutes to walk to the Academy (where the David is), and maybe 7 minutes to the bridge. We had such a great visit with the kids. It was raining in Florence and we shopped a lot on the first day. When the kids got tired, we just ran to the hotel to rest. The kids had showers, took naps and played games. It is a perfect location and plenty of room. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family