“Great room, but noisy.”
Review of Firenze Suite

Firenze Suite
Ranked #57 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Firenze Suite is not actually a hotel but a set of appartments. Usually there is someone around to speak to, but not always and not late at night. The up side of this is that the rooms are massive! Great bathroom, fridge, wardrobes, sofa. So decide whether you want hotel ammenities or a big appartment type room to stay in. I really liked Firenze Suite, the rooms were decorated to a very high standard and I though were very good value for the heart of Florence (I got an advance deal through one of the usual websites, so check those a bit before you want to go). Breakfast was served in your room, there was a nice table to sit at. The suite is 5-10 minutes from the Duomo, so you are in the thick of things. Due to the central location there was a fair amount of noise from the street (perhaps it varies depending on your room, we were next to the entrance), as they've obviously spent lots of money on the suites, why they didn't sound proof a bit is a bit of a wonder. Overall I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claretandbluerich

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Loved the place. What a perfect retreat after a day of walking around. You really feel special sleeping in those amazing rooms. Loved waking up and looking at our own frescos. Good sleep quality as it's in a quiet location but perfectly close to everything else. 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I am a very very picky guest!
I always look for hotels that are unusual and have charm beyond the standard cookie-cutter place: a boutique feel, and attention to detail. Usually, Tablet.com is a good reference for such places. The thing is, I was planning on spending 3 weeks in Florence so I had to watch what I was spending.

When I booked at Firenze Suite, I was a bit hesitant because it was surprisingly affordable, so I only booked a week. But it turned out to be an amazingly pleasant experience that I will not forget any time soon. Blerina and her family manage the residence impeccably. When I decided to stay longer, they upgraded me to a suite at no extra cost. The suite I spent most of my time in was exquisitely decorated. The high ceilings and the separate sitting room/kitchenette made me feel I had a whole apartment all to myself (which was not far off the truth!).
Everything was within a short walk and I felt like I was truly experiencing what it's like to live in Florence.
During my stay, my mother joined me for a few days and Blerina made sure we had an even larger room. When I realized the DVD player was not working, they replaced it in minutes.

I have to admit that in the end, it was hard to leave. I had felt absolutely at home. Firenze Suite was one of the highlights of my trip and I think it will always be an inseparable part of my memories of Florence.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SallyA82
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Room was huge! High ceilings, big bed, big TV. Shower and bathtub. Very clean. Breakfast consisted of buns and croissants, butter and jams, tea, coffee, milk, juice, yogurt, and biscuits. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Good location, and you can easily walk from the train or bus station to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel in June and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with some great artwork. Great location but off the beaten track a little with some wonderful local places to enjoy a leisurely lunch.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed in the Firenze Suite's family suite for 3 days in June. The suite was large and exactly as shown in the hotel photos. There was a loft with plenty of room for the 2 queen beds as well as a living area downstairs with a nook for the queen bed there. The room had doors which opened to a lovely courtyard, which was accessible to only 2 rooms. the weather was fabulous during our visit and I enjoyed sitting in the garden to read and relax. We were very pleased that the room had a large, new bathroom with a roomy shower. This was quite a bonus considering the size of some European showers!

The really great thing about this hotel was the staff. Both the managers/front desk staff we interacted with were beyond helpful . Not only did they offer to help us in myriad ways (making ticket reservations, etc), they did so in flawless English and with low key but exceedingly gracious attitudes. They went far beyond what would be expected to be normal good service. They even allowed us to use the hotel's washing machine - an extremely generous offer which helped us immensely as we were in the middle of a 3 week trip.

I was a bit unsure about the hotel's location when I booked, but it turned out to be very good. It was only a 5-10 minutes walk to the Duomo as well as to the Accademia and it was really nice to be able to retreat from the tourist filled streets.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Rover335
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Firstly of all, actually it is not a typical hotel. It is a mix of a hotel and an apartment. The hotel staff are only there to help from 8am to 6pm but not the night. And they do not provide any catering service. Yet we appreciate it very very much. Just loved it. It is suitable for every type of guests: couples, family....
The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and comfortable with high ceiling with beautiful fresco. We enjoyed sleeping under the stars on the ceiling. The kitchenette is well equipped though we did not have time to cook. The free WiFi is perfect for us. It is in the corner of a quiet street but is perfectly safe even at night. Only one minor fault. We checked in late around 8:30pm. It was quite a mess but every problem was solved the next morning when the hotel staff was back. So do try to check in during their office hour. I would also like to thank the owner of the bar just around the corner. The food is good and the owner is very helpful when we had problem in check-in in the first night.
Lastly, I enjoyed talking with Petra very much and she would try her best to help in every aspect to make our stay in Firenze a perfect one. Thank you, Petra.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple