“Strongly recommended!!”

Firenze Suite
Ranked #80 of 422 Hotels in Florence
“Strongly recommended!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Beautiful petit hotel, nice decor, big and clean rooms, well
Located and great service. I'm still surprised of how affordable this place in relation to what it offer.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Pagalura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This has to be one of the best places I have ever stayed. Outstanding decor, a great breakfast and so well situated that I cannot believe the price. This place is a short walk from all the main attractions and only a 15-20 minute walk from the station. The staff are friendly and helpful and there are several good places to eat and drink nearby, as well as a wonderful theatre!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelter68
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Beautiful decorated lobby and rooms which are clean and unbelievable spacious for Firenze. Very good location in quite area. Gracious and accomodating service. Absolutely great place to stay to discover Firenze. I hope, I will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gracesuocera
Metairie
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We really liked this hotel in part because it was centrally located and the building was built in the 16th century which gave it an ambiance not experienced in the newer hotels. Our room was very large and offered a 20ft domed ceiling covered in frescos. There was an out door court yard perfect for the very nice breakfast served in the room. The building is completely remodeled and has all of the amenities that one would expect. The manager, Blerina, was the perfect host. Her personal attention was impeccable and she truly went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable including trying to recover a lost article of clothing on a train. We will definitely stay at Firenze Suite on our next visit to Florence and highly recommend that you do also.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rvb10
London
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Firenze Suite is not actually a hotel but a set of appartments. Usually there is someone around to speak to, but not always and not late at night. The up side of this is that the rooms are massive! Great bathroom, fridge, wardrobes, sofa. So decide whether you want hotel ammenities or a big appartment type room to stay in. I really liked Firenze Suite, the rooms were decorated to a very high standard and I though were very good value for the heart of Florence (I got an advance deal through one of the usual websites, so check those a bit before you want to go). Breakfast was served in your room, there was a nice table to sit at. The suite is 5-10 minutes from the Duomo, so you are in the thick of things. Due to the central location there was a fair amount of noise from the street (perhaps it varies depending on your room, we were next to the entrance), as they've obviously spent lots of money on the suites, why they didn't sound proof a bit is a bit of a wonder. Overall I'd recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank claretandbluerich
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Loved the place. What a perfect retreat after a day of walking around. You really feel special sleeping in those amazing rooms. Loved waking up and looking at our own frescos. Good sleep quality as it's in a quiet location but perfectly close to everything else. 5 stars!

• Stayed April 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I am a very very picky guest!
I always look for hotels that are unusual and have charm beyond the standard cookie-cutter place: a boutique feel, and attention to detail. Usually, Tablet.com is a good reference for such places. The thing is, I was planning on spending 3 weeks in Florence so I had to watch what I was spending.

When I booked at Firenze Suite, I was a bit hesitant because it was surprisingly affordable, so I only booked a week. But it turned out to be an amazingly pleasant experience that I will not forget any time soon. Blerina and her family manage the residence impeccably. When I decided to stay longer, they upgraded me to a suite at no extra cost. The suite I spent most of my time in was exquisitely decorated. The high ceilings and the separate sitting room/kitchenette made me feel I had a whole apartment all to myself (which was not far off the truth!).
Everything was within a short walk and I felt like I was truly experiencing what it's like to live in Florence.
During my stay, my mother joined me for a few days and Blerina made sure we had an even larger room. When I realized the DVD player was not working, they replaced it in minutes.

I have to admit that in the end, it was hard to leave. I had felt absolutely at home. Firenze Suite was one of the highlights of my trip and I think it will always be an inseparable part of my memories of Florence.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple