“One of worse”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went in with wife and got seated. Two local women sat next to us 5 minutes later. They were served there meal within 10 minutes of their order. We sat for a total of 1hr and 10 minutes and watched other groups get served. When I spoke to 2of the owners sons they said it was coming. We finally left and they made no apologies but did charge us for the coke.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Their wheat free pizza was fantastic. You need to give 24hr notice if you want a wheat free pizza. They also had so many other wheat free options and the staff are really friendly.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Whilst visiting Florence I found this to be my favourite restaurant by far!

I am gluten and lactose intolerant and they had amazing selections as well as buffalo mozzarella with no lactose!

The service was very fast and friendly and the meals were very reasonably priced.

Unlike most gluten free food it tasted amazing!!!! Felt like a normal person :) the waiter even got rid of the annoying people that try and sell roses.

10/10!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yes, I cried over their pizza. I have been eating gluten free for just over 5 months now due to celiac disease. If you have ever had G.F. pizza you know the crust is usually very thin and cracker like. Well at Ciro and Sons if you make a reservation one day in advance or more and tell them you want to order G.F pizza, you get pizza that no one would know is Gluten Free unless you told them. The base that has toppings is thin but delicious and not cracker like. However, the outside edge is real and I mean real pizza crust in every way, thick and chewy good. It was so wonderful to have real pizza again!!!! They sell their G.F. pizza crust flour mix and we bought 3 at our table. Have not tried yet, but if it is as good as at the restaurant, I told them I will be shipping cases to the U.S.!!

We had multiple G.F. pasta options at our table too and all were amazing. My husband who eats "normal" said his lasagna was the best he has ever had in Italy. The décor is charming with beautiful chandeliers & frescos and the service, mostly from the family that owns the restaurant, was great. One thing to note is that there is no privacy here. A tour guide told us that in Italy they do not recognize personal space and that was true here. Tables are right on top of each other but this is NOT the first time we have had this experience in Italy and it was just fine with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Excellent food, pizza was extra special but the sea bass was also very tasty. Our party of three couples enjoyed a great meal with a cheeky little Primitivo red wine. Whilst this was possibly our best meal during a brief four night stay, we were impressed that so many Florentine pizzerias and osterias offer a range of gluten free options amongst their pizzas & pasta dishes in addition to their other offerings. This is far in advance of what we found in Rome a few years ago - here's hoping that all of Italy has now figured out gluten free!