“Amazing Gluten Free Pizza”
Review of Ciro and Sons

Ciro and Sons
Ranked #138 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a table at Ciro's before we even left on our Italian honeymoon, as my husband is Gluten intolerant, and he was really looking forward to trying good gluten free pizza. Ciro and Sons did not disappoint! The restaurant is quite nice, with attractive decor - and slightly incongruous wait staff uniforms of hawaiian shirts. They crowd in as many tables as possible, which makes for a less than calm/quiet experience - but then so much of Italy is all about the hustle and the bustle. I must admit my remembrance of what I ate escapes me, as I was so focused on what my husband thought about his pizza - and he liked it so much that we bought two of the dried pizza dough mixes they sell. Will most likely be making pizza with the mix this weekend, hopefully it turns out well!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I ate here three times during our week long stay in Florence. I have Celiac and this was the best gluten free food I have had! They seem to be one of the best in Florence at preparing a variety of safe, gluten free food. I asked if they had any gluten free food and they told me they can make just about anything on the menu gluten free with only one or two exceptions. You have to let them know about 24 hours in advance if you want a gluten free pizza but it is well worth it. This was the best pizza I have ever had! They even sell a gluten free crust mix that my husband and I made sure to take home. I am also a big fan of gnocchi and it was hard to find gf gnocchi but sure enough they had it here and it is delicious! The staff is very friendly and speaks english well.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

A nice and cozy resturant 5 minutes walk from Duomo. We had the tartufo pizza and Pizza Napoli. Both were tasty and the amount of food you get is big. Nice staff and you get a good view of the street and people walking by.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We found this restaurant AIC ( Italian celiac association)'s book. Our daughter can't eat any gluten and we need to be sure no cross contamination . AIC is best in Italy for Celiac people. She ate the best gluten free pizza . We called them 1 hour early for to make a gf pizza reservation.our food was super delicious . We satisfied a lot. especially the ambiance is very nice. Good service.Good food very friendly family.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Ciro was recommended to us by our hotel so we dropped by with no reservations. There was no problem working us in. Also, they take credit cards which not all restaurants in Florence do. My family ordered a combination of pizza and pasta then shared it among us. Everything was delicious. Our server was very friendly and spoke excellent English. It was hot this day in Florence but it was nice and cool inside the restaurant. I felt I received good value for the food and service.

1  Thank Barry S