“Great Birthday Venue- Ottimo posto per compleanno”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dioniso

Dioniso
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Dioniso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #774 of 2,676 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Firenze
“Great Birthday Venue- Ottimo posto per compleanno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I usually celebrate my birthday at home, but this year I decided to have friends out to a restaurant to celebrate so I wouldn't have to cook!

We were at Dionisio for a fixed price birthday dinner. The price was extremely reasonable and included water, 1/4 liter of wine, mixed appetizer, mixed grilled meats with salad and potatoes, coffee and Greek dessert wine. Less than 25 Euro per person- and we were all stuffed!

The owner was very helpful in planning the dinner and the staff were great during the meal:
There were 14 people, plus 2 who showed up unexpectedly- and the restaurant handled it very well.
Atmosphere is casual and festive. Staff were great and the place was packed, not an empty table to be found.

I'll definitely return to have their lunch, which is less than 10 Euro. I'm looking forward to trying other items on the menu.

Thanks, Dionisio! Grazie per una serata piacevole e gustosa!

• Visited April 2011

• Greek first
Florence, Italy
“Bad food and service; stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Being one of the only Greek restaurants in Florence, I was excited to try something other than Italian. My wife and I arrived around 20:30 and we were the only ones in the restaurant. I ordered the sampler platter with chicken, vegetables, falafels, and humus. I could tell right away that the chicken was old and the rest of the meal was cool, not warm. I asked our unfriendly waitress how old this food was and she admitted it was from the morning. Then I asked to talk with the manager. This man has a bad temper! He never apologized for the food but instead insulted me and told me how the restaurant has a great reputation. Why should I care about your reputation when you serve me old food?" He said if I got sick eating it he would pay for my hospital bill. Thanks. I told him that I would only pay for my pregnant wife's meal and he threatened to call the cops. Wow, the arrogance! The funny thing is we are living in Florence and not the standard tourist. Its probably best to find some where else to dine.

6 Thank one_traveling_man
fotheringay
“Probably better than in Greece itself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

This is quite simply the best Greek food I've tasted in years, and that includes many (though perhaps not all) of the numerous restaurants I've visited in Greece itself. If you stay off the excessively salty Taramosalata, everything but everything else on the menu is simply delicious. The grilled octopus skewers are superb, the Spanakopita is truly the best I've had anywhere, and all the portions are truly generous. Including wine and pigging out so much you feel you're going to burst, you'd be hard put to spend more than 25 to 30 euro a head. And if you go at the weekend, you don't get a phony-feeling 'Greek night' so much as a bunch of waiters who suddenly decide to start dancing simply because some pretty girl at a table asked them to!

3 Thank dickonfotheringay