“Prezzi troppo alti per piatti piccoli.”
Review of Dioniso

Dioniso
Reserve with
Dioniso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,084 of 2,908 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The staff was nice but it was definitly too less food on the Plate. Wi-fi is available - but not for clients.. First time see that a restaurant in Florence would not grant access to wi-fi.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this little Greek jewel after a long and exhausting overnight train trip. It really hit the spot. The food was excellent and their lunch special is a great deal! If you are looking for a very reasonable and authentic Greek meal, this is the place!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Ah, it was lovely to stumble across this little gem! We got tired of Italian food so thought we'd give this one a go! The staff were friendly and the food was great! I place also seemed really busy with locals which is always a good sign!
The Musaka was GREAT! The Souvlaki was not the best but the rest of the food made up for it. Great stuffed vine leaves and also delicious stuffed tomatoes and peppers! Would definitely recommend for a nice change from Italian food!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

On our last night oin Florence, my husband and I ventured close to our hotel to Dioniso. It was great! Fantastic authentic Greek food and wine at very good value. The restaurant is very popular with the local student population and therefore quite busy, but deservedly so. The service was personable, friendly and attentive, without feeling hurried, as in some restaurants when they are busy and trying to churn through as many customers as possible. My husband had lamb chops and I chose the stuffed calamari, both of which were generous and flavorsome. We were also given a complimentary desert wine with our sweet course. Yum! I would recommend Dioniso to anyone visiting Florence and interested in a relaxing night with a Greek flavor.

1  Thank lynnyanny59
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I usually celebrate my birthday at home, but this year I decided to have friends out to a restaurant to celebrate so I wouldn't have to cook!

We were at Dionisio for a fixed price birthday dinner. The price was extremely reasonable and included water, 1/4 liter of wine, mixed appetizer, mixed grilled meats with salad and potatoes, coffee and Greek dessert wine. Less than 25 Euro per person- and we were all stuffed!

The owner was very helpful in planning the dinner and the staff were great during the meal:
There were 14 people, plus 2 who showed up unexpectedly- and the restaurant handled it very well.
Atmosphere is casual and festive. Staff were great and the place was packed, not an empty table to be found.

I'll definitely return to have their lunch, which is less than 10 Euro. I'm looking forward to trying other items on the menu.

Thanks, Dionisio! Grazie per una serata piacevole e gustosa!