“Tuscan Paradise!”

Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo
Ranked #1 of 17 Fiesole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I researched for a summer trip to Italy around 80 or more agriturismos (for real), just looking for the perfect one in the region of Tuscany, and I definitely found it. Out of 6 hotels during the entire trip, this was the most memorable and pleasing one. The service and the rooms were impeccable! Villa Di Campolungo is everything you think Tuscany is, completely enchanting, surrounded by nature- olive groves and hills, full of greenery. The rooms had a rustic yet modern decoration, and are very spacious, the bathrooms looked like they were brand new. My family (a party of 5) stayed in the Courtyard Room, the Stable, and the Annex. We were all pleased with the accomodations and the beds were very big and comfortable. The location is perfect, around 25 min. from florence, get a gps (you'll need one for the whole tuscan region). The road to get to the agriturismo is rather adventurous, it's a rocky path...but with amazing views, and it makes part of being in vacation and doing something you dont normally do. So...enjoy it!

We had breakfast on Silvia's garden terrace with a breathtaking view. The breakfast served is not like anything you've ever had before. Trust me take advantage of it, you wont find that stuff back home! It included organic cheeses, honey, homemade breads and cake, tea and coffee, homemade jams and jellies, fresh cuts of italian hams, and a variety of yogurts. It was all very delicious, have an open mind and try everything! You will not regret it.

Silvia's service and hospitality were very friendly and welcoming, we honestly wish we could have stayed more than 3 nights. Silvia and her husband have a dog which we adored on our stay, she was lovely and we already miss her a bunch! She was also very well trained. We are already back home and we are still talking about going back to Villa Di Campolungo! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience Silvia!!!!

-Ana and the Cordero Family

Room Tip: Both the Stable and the Annex room have breathtaking views from the windows. The annex room is much...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank miparadiso
Villa Di Campol... A, Proprietario at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you, beautiful Ana, the warmth of your family is still in our hearts. Thank you again for the passionate description of your stay at Villa di Campolungo. Mentioning the 1 km dirt road is very fair from you and useful for coming guests.
Lilla is very photogenic ;-)

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I enjoyed several days in this lovely agriturismo just a short drive from Fiesole. The villa was delightful inside and out. The terrace where we enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning (as well as a magnificent dinner one night with the best tiramisu I've ever had!) overlooks the scenic Tuscan hills and Fiesole in the distance.

Silvia and Eric were perfect hosts. We enjoyed speaking with them about their work, their lovingly made products and life in Italy today. Silvia also offered several helpful recommendations on towns and restaurants to visit. She was spot on in every case.

If you are thinking of staying in Florence, think again. Florence is easily accessible from a bus in the center of Fiesole, and after a day of touring in Florence amidst the swirl of tourists and noise and the summer heat, Campolungo offers a peaceful and welcoming respite. For the cost of a mediocre hotel room in Florence, you can instead enjoy this comfortable and gracious inn. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CarlandKathy
Villa Di Campol... A, Owner at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Ciao Kathy, grazie. Le tue parole esprimono l'amore che nutri per l' Italia e quindi anche un po' per noi :-).
We are glad you and your party could enjoy the dinner on our private terrace on a summer night escaping the heat of Florence.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We spent 5 days in April 2013 in this outstanding place in a beautiful countryside about 20 minutes away from the bustling center of Florence.
Everything is beautiful : the arrival, the garden, the quality of furniture and the perfect taste in the choice of colours in the rooms.
Silvia, the owner and charming hostess, makes you feel like at home and the breakfast she prepares with home made cakes and wonderful other sweets is a real treat !
Do not hesitate to stop by when you visit Florence and Tuscany, you’ll never regret it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cl_loertscher
Villa Di Campol... A, Owner at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for your description of our Agriturismo and Bed and Breakfast and for sharing your feeling about it. Glad that you had a good start of the day with our homemade breakfast during your stay.
I wish you a nice summer.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

If you want to be away from the crowds and truly relax the Villa is an excellent choice. Our room was spacious, clean and had wonderful linens and an extremely comfy bed. The breakfast was delicious local specialties and Sylvia's breads and cakes. Having breakfast served out on the terrace was a special treat which required the staff to move all the tables and chairs outside. It is this extra effort that makes this such a great treat. Sylvia was a great help with reservations, and advice as was her husband who gave us a ride to Florence when we missed the train! This B&B is a little off the beaten path and a little tricky to find (our GPS led us astray) Our advice is to take the first left after Restaurant Mario (excellent food!) off the state road coming from Florence and watch for the sign.
Keep in mind that this B&B is out on its own. You will need a car to go to dinner or shop, but at the end of the day you feel as if you are coming home. Not complaints, but just for information, there is no television,or mini fridge. The soap in the shower (made by Sylvia) is also for shampooing,
but bring conditioner if you need it as it is not provided. Be sure to spend some quiet time lounging on the terrace enjoying the view...a glass of wine makes it perfect!

Room Tip: From other reviews, I think we were in a smaller room yet it was still one of the biggest rooms I ha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmsw09
Villa Di Campol... A, Owner at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for your review and for highlighting so many positive sides of Villa di Campolungo.

Thank you for your honest suggestion: in the future I will provide the bathrooms with hair conditioner as well, even though the shampoo - shower we provide, made with 10% of our organic extra vergin olive oil and only organic and natural ingredients, is very mild.

I'm glad that you had a relaxing stay.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

After spending many hours searching and looking for a descent place to stay in for our visit to Tuscany, I came across this country house. Thanks to previous reviewers, the place was as they have described. Silvia was attentive, very nice, very helpful, caring, loveable ... etc. she also provided us with some concierge services, which I didn't expect in a B&B. She arranged for our visit to a winery in Chianti, reservations with restaurants she recommended, a guide tour in Florence and many other helpful tips.

The room (the Annexe) was spacious (50 sqm) with a nice terrace, very clean, very comfortable with delightful decoration.

The breakfast was just perfect with various kinds of local products of cheeses, jams, cereals, honey, bread. During the breakfast we enjoyed chats with Silvia about Italy, Tuscany and her experience running the farm and the B&B.

By the way, me and my wife loved her dog Lili, she was very friendly one.

I highly recommend this place for anyone planning to visit Tuscany.

Room Tip: Annexe room has a nice terrace
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omar A
Villa Di Campol... A, Owner at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for your words, it was a special experience for me as well to share the breakfast time with you and to talk about many differents topics.
Glad that you had an authentic experience in Tuscany.

P.S. Thank you for your birthday present :)

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I don't know where to begin. I was very thorough in my research for the "perfect agriturismo" in Tuscany during our recent trip to Italy. We wanted a good breakfast (we're breakfast people, plus -- who wants to start the day with a bad meal?), beautiful location that felt serene and relaxing but close to a bigger town or city for exploring. We also wanted great facilities within our room. After 23 days in Italy and 6 different B&B/hotel experiences in that timeframe (from Rome, Rieti, Fiesole, Venice, Sorrento, then back to Rome!), I can say without a doubt that Villa Di Campolungo was the BEST of all our lodging experiences in every way.

You will need a car to stay here, but we rented a little fiat from Europcar and loved driving it all around! We loved exploring Fiesole, Florence (be careful driving in florence! we parked in a parking garage that was about 10-15 minutes on foot to the city center), Modena further north, and Montalcino to the south.

We stayed in the Orciaca room and the moment Silvia took us up the stairs into the room, I really didn't want to leave. Ever. It was HUGE, beautiful, decorated perfectly, and the bathroom was great. The wifi signal was weak from the bed, but that's the closest thing to a complaint I can come up with for this room. Speaking of the bed..... oh, the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I will never forget how incredible that bed was.

Breakfast was always a treat. If you've read any of these reviews, you've heard about Silvia's incredible cakes. There was also a great espresso machine and Silvia made me some truly delicious cappuccinos during our stay. The quality of the breakfasts was incredible.

Silvia did a great job of letting you do your thing but also making herself available for any questions or advice you might need. She made a reservation for us at the nearby restaurant Mario on our first night there, and we also had her get us a reservation for a balsamic vinegar tour in Modena a few days later. She cooked us dinner one night and it was so, so delicious. We loved our chats with Silvia and Eric. These are feel-good, wonderful people running a quality agriturismo.

After we left, we were on to Venice and then Sorrento, and we really wish we'd never left Villa Di Campolungo. It was really a special place, and we are excited to go back one day and visit with Silvia and Eric and spend more time exploring Tuscany. This was one of the most wonderful places I've ever stayed -- maybe THE most wonderful -- and I will really cherish my memories from Villa Di Campolungo. Writing this review and compiling the photos we took during our stay just make me really sad that we ever left!!!!

Room Tip: The Orciaca room was huge and perfect in every way.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily P
Villa Di Campol... A, Proprietario at Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Emily, it is a gift beeing appreciated for the work done: thank you! It was a pleasure preparing breakfast every morning for two gourmet young people like you.
The pictures you posted are so beautiful and interestig, thank you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

The Villa was one of our absolute highlights of 5 weeks with my family (kids 4 and 7) in Europe. The warm welcome from Silvia (and some helpful preceding emails addressing my queries about learning more about the production of the world-famous local produce) was a sign of the generous hospitality extended by both Silvia and Eric. OUr room upstairs was huge, character-filled with lovely textiles, pristine, easily fitted the extra 2 kids beds, and had a wonderful bathroom. The vast array of wonderful local cheeses, honey, regional meats, homemade breads, outstanding cakes (the lemon ricotta one is to die-for) and coffee on the terrace overlooking the hazy, blue-green olive groves tumbling towards Florence realised all my visions of romantic rural Tuscany. Local trattoria recommendations were good, family-run affairs, and the location so close to Florence yet so far from the madding crowds was magical. My children are still raving, weeks later, back in reality, about Villa di Campolungo (and so would I to anyone who is ever planning on being in the area). I would return without hesitation and with much anticipation. ONe of the best, most helpful, charming, food-oriented (which suits me perfectly) accomodations of our trip.Thankyou!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate-Australia75

Thank you for taking time to write the review! I'm delighted to know that your children could play and have fun in the nature at Villa di Campolungo even if we don't have a swimming pool or a children playground.
I'm sorry we couldn't arrage a tour of our local producers with your family...next time may be?
About the ricotta cake: I will post the recipe on our FB profile within the next days :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fiesole
FH Villa Fiesole Hotel
#73 of 410 in Florence
Florence Country Relais
Florence Country Relais
#2 of 17 in Fiesole

Been to Villa Di Campolungo Agriturismo? Share your experiences!