“Delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Everything we had to eat was delicious. The kids enjoyed the souffle with honey and the tomato sauce pasta, while we explored more interesting options like nettle risotto. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

What an amazing experience it was to get on that #7 Bus and escape the craziness of Florence! Fiesole is a lovely piece of heaven! We had read the reviews for l'Popla on TA and knew we had to go there. We made reservations via e-mail without any difficulty. The restaurant was small but very charming, the staff was friendly and efficient and the local wine was terrific. I definitely recommend the Wild Boar Stew. Wow!
Thank you, Elosabetta for a wonderful meal and such a memorable evening.
Eileen S.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The locals swear by it and after 12 years visiting we do, too. This is the taste of Tuscany- lamb, wild boar, pork, lamb and not creamy, tomato-saucy food though sauces are great. I had 7 Italian friends there recently. They affirmed the fare remained the best at regional fare with even an open hearth affect. We love it!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

but I hadn't been there from longtime, as their opening hours often don't match mine. But I wanted to go back there and finally I found the right evening, for my family (they live nearby). Everything was very very good, we where there early, for dinner (they do not give lunch, I think) that is around 7.30, which must be the earliest option (but check it, not sure). Good service, good Tuscany meal. Nice to go there. Right on the main Fiesole square, left side.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Are you kiding that this place won the Tripadvisor best place on 2013???
I just had dinner overthere and it is a shame... The food is terrible, the service is a joke ( the waiter is always trying to push you the dishes that are forgotten inside the refrigerator and the most expensive wine in the cellery)......after all, you will leave the place smelling as hell, since the kitchen is open and doesnt isolate the food smell. And it is dirty...,really dirty.
We spent 3 days in Fiesole, having dinners at Tullio and Lá Reggia degli Etruschi(both in Tripadvisor).
Those restaurants are real good ones; in another level, if compared to Polpa.
Polpa is a good option only for people who are not used to enjoy good food and also, are used to hang out frequently without worryng about quality.... Poor, very poor.
As I said before, run away from the I'Polpa!!!!
If you are not convinced, please read the others negative opinions in Tripadvisor... Most of them were written by italians!!!!!!!

4  Thank Patriciamatis