In your life, if you are lucky like us, you find yourself so engrossed in a scene or a moment that you "lose yourself." Your brain has taken a "device time-out" like a computer that is having issues. Sitting in La Loggia, the restaurant that is essentially an open air balcony, staring down to Florence and the Domo and some smoke billowing from a house on the hillside-my device took a t time out. The scene is breathtakingly indescribable and you have to look through the beautiful grounds and bright red flowers around you to even get to that point. The smell combines fresh flowers and centuries old walls and grounds.
We got upgrades on our rooms so they were in the hillside with a similar view of Florence. You have to walk up some substantial stairs so if you have challenges with that - this could affect your room choice.
The wine selection is extraordinary and the food is as good as Italy has to offer. The service is formal, but not pretentious. They custom made some entrees for some of us that were on special diets. I had a pasta, off menu, with various sea food that I want to have again soon and I got help pairing it with an extraordinary Brunello de Montelcino. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want or be intimidated by the formality.
But my favorite part - the piano player at the back of the restaurant. We sang fun songs together with our group of 6 while we sipped champagne and toasted my wife's birthday.
I know the 3 days there were expensive - but honestly at checkout - I just folded the bill and put it in my pocket. That is the highest compliment I can give.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy