My wife and I spent 4 nights here as part of an Orient Express 1-week package. We have been to Florence at least annually for the past 20 years and always thought that we would stay at VSM on some occasion, but we have always stayed either in one of the few 5* city centre hotels or in a rented villa in the Florentine countryside.
Our first impressions lived up to our expectations: we stayed in a junior suite separate from the main house which enjoyed its own outside private seating areas with full views of the city. The pool, also separate from the main house area via a series of steps to the uppermost terrace, was set into woods with amazing views of Florence. The food too was delicious. The main strengths of this hotel are (1) the views, and (2) the food.
However, our overall impression is that this is a hotel that is not quite as good as it's reputation suggests. Most of the staff are excellent but attention to detail and anticipation of guests' wishes is better in some of Florence's other top hotels. When we were disappointed to learn that the courtesy shuttle bus only runs between the hotel and Florence until 8:30pm, we were very pleased when the hotel made convenient arrangements for us via taxi. Our main disappointed was that it was not possible to eat from the different hotel menus in each dining area of the hotel, particularly given the prices that are charged for the delicious food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Belmond, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy