Ok if you visit this hotel you will not be disappointed let me assure you. However when you are paying considerable sums none of us should be afraid of requiring the very best because that's why one visits places like this. I ,like most of us ,enjoy the good things in life and am prepared to pay for them so I was maybe being a bit critical but thought the large coffee stain on the sofa in the room and stained bed cover a bit strange, water dripping from the roof of the bathroom when the bath is run is also disappointing ,poor staffing at the pool with litter on the floor around the sun loungers was also out of keeping.
That said the staff were generally all excellent and will all have undergone the standard top notch training. The location is to die for and the food is truly excellent and I did enjoy the hotel. Would we go again ? yes if i were needing to visit Florence its an interesting place to go,but worry that the reliance on location over old fashioned standards a little worrying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy